MegaMek Discussion Board

Full Version: Unable to load campaign with v0.1.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was unable to load my v0.1.09 campaign xml file with the new version (v0.1.10).

It says the load completed, but then the screen disappears and nothing happens.  I can see that the process is still running in task manager, but there's no UI.

Unfortunately my campaign file is too large to upload here (even zipped) but I've included the mekhqlog file for reference.  I tried to submit a bug on source forge, but when I hit submit it took a long time to return and my bug did not appear in the list of issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Colby
it wouldn't let me do that either.  But I just ended up re-starting all over again then again its only me playing.
Ok, I figured out a way to upload my campaign. 

I've broken the saved campaign into two files and zipped them.

All you should have to do is download them, un-zip them and then copy paste them back together.

Here's the first part.
And here's the second part.
My first suggestion for non-loading MekHQ files is always: did you remember to transfer over any custom designs?

Otherwise I would guess that when the unit list changed from what was in 1.9 to line up with the unit list in megamek that one or more units had name changes (I know one of my campaigns had some Warrior VTOLs that were just 'Warrior H-7' but became 'Warrior Attack Helicopter H-7', so that file won't load until I update the names).

However, there is hope I have been able to load most of my ~10 campaigns so far so they should open. And it is only 'most' because I haven't taken the time to try them all yet. When I get a chance I will look through your save and see what I can find.
I believe that the problem is your save file is missing a current location for some reason, although I am not sure why. I don't have eclipse set up on this computer, but if you just go into the FoxsTeeth.cpnx and look for the tag <currentLocation> and copy its contents into the <info> tag of your save, it should load. Then you will need to use GM mode to change your location to where you really want to be.
(12-06-2011, 01:33 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the problem is your save file is missing a current location for some reason, although I am not sure why. I don't have eclipse set up on this computer, but if you just go into the FoxsTeeth.cpnx and look for the tag <currentLocation> and copy its contents into the <info> tag of your save, it should load. Then you will need to use GM mode to change your location to where you really want to be.

Ok I could probably find the location for Fox's Teeth but where would I put that info for the saved campaign from the previous version? do I transfer it to the previous one then bring it over?
Ok, on further testing, you actually do have a location tag as follows:

Code:
<location>
    <currentPlanetName>Forge</currentPlanetName>
    <transitTime>0.0</transitTime>
    <rechargeTime>120.0</rechargeTime>
</location>

The problem is that I can find no entry for "Forge" in the planets.xml file. Did you add that planet to the planets.xml file yourself? If so, you will need to add it again to the planets.xml for this version. Either that or change the currentPlanetName in the xml file to "Outreach".
ok in my saved campaign from the previous version i am on Kessel.  And why can't you just go from .cpn to .cpnx to transfer?  that would have made it a lot simpler wouldn't it?

So the question is do I go into the current folder and change that info for the forge or what?  I really don't understand how this is supposed to be working?
@TS Hawk, I was responding to the OP's problem not yours. I don't know that you are having the same problem necessarily. If you want me to check it out, upload a copy of your campaign in xml format from the 0.1.9 version.

As for the cpn vs. cpnx issue. The cpn format is binary. I have been wanting to phase it out precisely because it can't be loaded between versions. The cpnx format is xml and that is the format we will use going forward because it makes it easier to transfer to newer versions, easier to debug, and easier to fix.
(12-06-2011, 01:57 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, on further testing, you actually do have a location tag as follows:

Code:
<location>
    <currentPlanetName>Forge</currentPlanetName>
    <transitTime>0.0</transitTime>
    <rechargeTime>120.0</rechargeTime>
</location>

The problem is that I can find no entry for "Forge" in the planets.xml file. Did you add that planet to the planets.xml file yourself? If so, you will need to add it again to the planets.xml for this version. Either that or change the currentPlanetName in the xml file to "Outreach".

Yeah I did enter that planet into the planets.xml and I'm not sure I copied it over last night. 

I'll check that when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the help!
ok well my problem is different i want to load my previous campaign from the previous version of MekHQ to the new version is that doable?
(12-06-2011, 03:40 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: [ -> ]ok well my problem is different i want to load my previous campaign from the previous version of MekHQ to the new version is that doable?

Was your previous save XML or CPN? If it was CPN it won't load in the new version. I would load in 1.9, save as XML and then load in the new version. Also make sure any custom variants are copied over.
it was a .cpn i will do the xml and convert it and yes all custom mechs have been transfered already.
Moved the missing planets over worked, thanks!