Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 921
» Latest member: lufft101
» Forum threads: 2,654
» Forum posts: 18,533

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 265 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 264 Guest(s)
Google

Latest Threads
Extinct mechs
Forum: MekHQ
Last Post: rroby
02-16-2020, 11:26 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 62
Awards
Last Post: Hammer
02-14-2020, 06:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 44
SV Chassis Mods
Forum: MegaMekLab
02-11-2020, 08:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 58
Possible Bug - HQ 0.47.4
02-10-2020, 12:30 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 70
New Development Snapshot ...
Forum: New Releases
02-09-2020, 08:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
Megamek Dedicated Servers...
Forum: Dedicated Servers
Last Post: Hutti
02-07-2020, 12:39 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 5,781
New Development Snapshot ...
02-01-2020, 06:48 PM
» Views: 76
Manei Domini Implant issu...
Forum: Problems?
Last Post: Neoancient
01-20-2020, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
STABLE Releases MegaMek, ...
01-17-2020, 04:28 PM
» Views: 127
MeqHQ multiplayer (coop) ...
01-09-2020, 10:39 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 942

Blazer Cannons and Partial wings problem
Posted by: shattering - 02-19-2011, 04:43 PM - Forum: MegaMekLab - Replies (2)

it may just be my version, but megamek lab has Blazer cannons doing 12 damage and generating 16 heat, instead of 12 heat and 16 damage like Tac  Ops says it does.  also the partial wings are taking up 4 slots in each torso instead of 3, like Tac Ops says.  is there an easy fix i.e. a file i could open up and just change a couple of lines?  or do i have to wait for the next release?  either way  thank you for  your time and consideration, my sincere apologies if this post is not in the right place, i didn't notice a category for "errata"  
thanks again for all you've done

Print this item

Multiple Deployement Zones for Human Player?
Posted by: Davout73 - 02-15-2011, 11:04 AM - Forum: Tips and Advice - Replies (4)

Hey,

I know that through the creation of multiple Bots and assigning them to the same team you can assign different deployment zones.

Is there a way I can do the same as a human player I am just not seeing?

I know that you can delay the arrival iof a unit via the unit info screen, perhaps a feature for future implementation can be deployment zones as well.

Thanks,

Davout73

Print this item

Volunteer List
Posted by: Xenon54z - 02-13-2011, 01:41 AM - Forum: OpFor Exchanges - Replies (14)

Hi all,
I would like to volunteer to be your OpFor.  Partly because it sounds fun and partly because the bot can be stupid sometimes. Like when it decides the best route to get out of range is to leap off of a lvl 2 cliff into depth 2 water in a light mech. Needless to say, that mech didn't move for the rest of the game, which was sad because it was round 2.

Funny things aside, this can be a place to put down that you will volunteer to be an OpFor.
So on to the resume-ish thing:
Time: Pacific Time Zone(USA), usually able to play from 21:00-23:00 except Sunday. Can schedule to play (and is preferred). Also, if we can't finish in one night, then saving and starting it again some other time is no problem for me. (Great feature by the way: Saving)
Skill: Got the Total Warfare rulebook for Christmas (2010). Got all the rulebooks now, I think. Just reading through them. Probably very green, but will still be better than bot (see above).
Contact: Just PM me like 2 or more days before you want to play, so I can schedule. And to give me time to check the forum.
MegaMek Version: Any. Just give me some time to download it. And I have never done this before so the first time might be interesting when trying to connect. Though I have been playing MegaMek for about a year. I've played for awhile. And can connect no problem. (Mostly against the bot or self.)
Voice: Got Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, and Skype(if I recall correctly I have Skype). I'll have to download Skype if needed.
Messaging: I got Google, msn/hotmail, and yahoo chat. Just let me know and I can add you. I could download Pidgin, if needed. Once in game then the chat there works. Also check the IRC channel for MegaMek and the Battletech channel set up by SteveRestless. I am sometimes there. Mostly in MegaMek

If I left out any information, let me know and I'll edit this post. I think this is a great idea, since I can understand how hard it is to get someone to play on your terms. I think of it sort as role playing, which also means it is okay to act differently than if I was really playing for myself. I don't have a campaign of my own, so I'll just be your OpFor. Also if anyone else wants to volunteer then post your info here.

Print this item

Mech Mortars and Unit Images
Posted by: majesticmoose - 02-12-2011, 11:36 PM - Forum: Unit and Image Errors - Replies (5)

Two questions...
Using solaris skunk works I made a unit with mech Mortars (specifically mortar 8's) and exported it to megamek.  The Mech mortar ammo (any kind, I tried all types) failed to load.

I tried to find a stock unit with mech mortars to find an example of mech mortar ammo in the mech files, but there doesn't seem to be one.

So, what is the code for mech mortar ammo in the MTF file?

Mega mek assigns pictures to my custome units.  Is there a way to assign pictures my self in the MTF or otherwise?

Print this item

Looking for campaign players and scenario testers
Posted by: troy3269 - 02-08-2011, 07:04 AM - Forum: Campaigns - Replies (8)

Hi

Given a relatively small number of players in Brisbane , hoping to start a campaign over the net using megamek as playing platform/ skpye etc for communication. Still trying to get the process for scenario building but looking for potential play testers / campaigners , say one round of play per fortnight/ week

Post ideas if you are interested.

cheers Troy

Print this item

Scenario building
Posted by: troy3269 - 02-08-2011, 07:00 AM - Forum: User Creations - Replies (4)

Hey

Finding it hard to get either a scenario editor or advice on how to put a scen ario together in megamek. Have a small group who play in brisbane ,and would liekto try and import a campaign we have been running.

Can anyone direct me to scenario editors/ help files etc.

Cheers Troy

Print this item

Wait, what just happened?
Posted by: Taharqa - 02-07-2011, 10:25 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (7)

If you came here expecting to see the old phpBB forums on our sourceforge site, you were probably a little surprised. Due to the amount of spam traffic and our inability to control it due to hosting limitations, we have moved the forums. We also decided to switch the format of the forums, so you will have to re-register if you were registered on the previous forums. We apologize for the inconvenience, but think you will like the new forums much better.

You can also check out our redesigned front page at http://megamek.info.

Print this item

How to report a bug
Posted by: Taharqa - 02-07-2011, 08:23 PM - Forum: Problems? - Replies (10)

Sometimes when you report having a problem with MegaMek, we might ask you to report a bug. Don't feel bad about reporting bugs. The more proactive players are about reporting bugs, the quicker we can get them fixed. Given the number of possible options and units one can utilize in MegaMek, its quite possible for a bug to go unnoticed by the developers until someone else points it out.

So how do you actually report a bug? Well, first go to our official bug tracker on the sourceforge project site. From there, click the "Add New" button to add a new bug report. It is very important to include a megameklog.txt file for the game where the bug occurred. This log file can be found in your log directory. Please also consider these additional guidelines:

• Be as detailed as possible about what was happening in-game when the error occurred. The easier it is for us to replicate the bug, the quicker we can fix it.
  • Do not post two or more separate bugs in the same report. Use a separate report for each bug.
  • Check back occasionally on your bug report. We may respond with further questions or requests. If you are posting many bugs, you should consider getting a sourceforge account which will notify you whenever someone responded to your bug report.

Thanks for your help and good hunting!

Print this item

OpFor Exchange FAQ
Posted by: Taharqa - 02-07-2011, 02:58 PM - Forum: OpFor Exchanges - No Replies

1) What is an "OpFor Exchange?"
An OpFor Exchange is an agreement between two (or more) players to each play the opposing forces (OpFor) in their respective Battletech campaigns. The purpose of this forum is to help players play out their own personal campaigns on MegaMek against real live human beings rather than the bot, without having to find a regular partner or gaming group.

2) How does it work?
Simply post to this forum indicating that you are looking for an OpFor. Typically the more information you can provide about your situation the better. The most relevant information would be the times that you would be available to play and your time zone, but information on the actual scenario to be played is also appreciated.

The implicit understanding here is that if someone offers to play as your OpFor, you will likewise play a game as their OpFor.

There are some very basic principles and rules to keep in mind when you play the OpFor for someone else's campaign. We do not typically moderate any of these activities between members, but ask that you keep these guidelines in mind.

1) The person whose campaign you are playing in sets the rules, objectives, and guidelines. You are playing in their campaign, so they get to select the forces for each side, the map, the game options, the mission objectives, etc. If they request that you deploy your forces in a certain manner, then you should do so. If they ask you to play defensively, then you should do so. If you have the other side outnumbered three to one and all of their units have destroyed gyros and they ask you to type "/defeat," then type "/defeat." If you find that their requests makes play unpalatable, then you should just decline to participate before beginning.

2) Be competitive, but not ruthless. Let's face it, there are lots of different skill levels out there. Someone new to the game can easily be discouraged by their inability to win if they end up playing very experienced players. That can be very frustrating when you spend so much time building up your forces, detailing their history, etc. We are not suggesting that you intentionally lose as the OpFor, but rather remember that your goal should be to provide the player with a competitive experience, without perhaps devoting as much time to your strategy and tactics as you might if these units were your own.

Print this item

Official Units
Posted by: DarkISI - 02-07-2011, 11:47 AM - Forum: User Creations - No Replies

Please do not post any canon/official units here.
Go here to post them; and please follow the rules there.

Thank you

Print this item