This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 941
» Latest member: helix0311
» Forum threads: 2,679
» Forum posts: 18,626

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 92 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 91 Guest(s)
Google

Latest Threads
Help with making custom e...
Forum: Tips and Advice
Last Post: jamie22
4 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 461
New Development Snapshot ...
Forum: New Releases
Last Post: Hammer
09-14-2020, 08:48 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 165
V0.47.9 Dev - Can't load ...
Forum: Problems?
Last Post: helix0311
09-13-2020, 09:02 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 43
[SOLVED] Unit Display Win...
Last Post: Qoon
08-24-2020, 08:37 PM
» Views: 120
New Development Snapshot ...
Forum: New Releases
Last Post: Hammer
08-08-2020, 12:33 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
Help Requested: Clan Sce...
Forum: Campaigns
Last Post: TheVenge
08-07-2020, 12:43 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 81
Portrait Problems
Forum: MekHQ
Last Post: Windchild
08-06-2020, 04:20 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 498
MML tripod tech-base erro...
Last Post: Annwn
08-03-2020, 04:43 AM
» Views: 165
"Connect to Game" window ...
Last Post: TheVenge
08-02-2020, 07:41 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 253
MegaMek Empires Descripti...
Forum: Campaigns
Last Post: Kristan Dagley
07-16-2020, 11:23 AM
» Views: 234

New GUI
Posted by: Tsorovan - 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

I've noticed a very nice new look on the screenshots and tutorials, but my 0.34.9 version doesn't look like them.  Is the facelift part of the new 0.35 version?

Print this item

Need Instructions on Starting Version 0.32.2 in Win XP Pro SP3 w JAVA 6 SE
Posted by: Sordidatus - 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM - Forum: Problems? - Replies (4)

When I go to the Java download page the test says that I already have the latest version of Java.
I have unzipped the megamek zipfile to the C:\program files\ folder.
When I double click MegaMek.exe I get the main menu.
When I click on "Start A New Game" the lobby comes up and I get "Waiting on server. . ." in the middle of the screen.
And then it just sits there doing nothing.
So, How do I start a java server for MegaMek.
Please keep it simple because I do not know java.

Thank You Very Much.

Print this item

Custom Infantry
Posted by: Mad - 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM - Forum: Tips and Advice - Replies (9)

Hi guys,

I have been playing around with creating infantry units lately and stumbled about a problem. When I tried to recreat the Dest Platoon from TRO3085 I wanted to give it the DEST suite of course. I know I can add it manually in the lobby, but it should be possible to acctually set it in the blk-file, so that it is autochecked when the unit is loaded. I found out how to do it for encumbering armor (equipment name is simply "encumberingarmor" Smile), but I can't find the right equipment name for dest suits or stealth suits. It seems not to be in the equipment list. Anyone knows those equipment names? I have pretty much tried everything I could think of, but no success so far. ???

Print this item

Constructing Aerospace Units
Posted by: mkerensky - 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM - Forum: MegaMekLab - Replies (4)

I am curious as to what utility you guys use to construct aerospace units for Megamek.  I haven't been able to use .HMA files from Heavy Metal Aero, and HMA doesn't support all the Jihad-era equipment that I'm trying to use anyway.

Print this item

Heat-causing Infantry Weapons
Posted by: mkerensky - 03-07-2011, 01:05 PM - Forum: Tips and Advice - No Replies

A while back, I submitted all the Tech Manual infantry weapons.  At that time, I couldn't figure out how much heat the man-portable plasma rifle was supposed to deal in addition to its damage. I don't remember the Total Warfare rules for the infantry flamer being very specific either. Anyone have thoughts on this, or perhaps a CBT forum/errata post that clarifies?

Thanks,
Magnus

Print this item

Swarm LRMs and Point-Blank Range Targeting Candidates
Posted by: BATTLEMASTER - 03-05-2011, 12:29 AM - Forum: Problems? - No Replies

This happened in a game where a Summoner was directly adjacent to both a Pouncer and a Mercury:

Quote:LRM 15 at Mercury MCY-99 (NEALE); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses.

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..
        15 missiles continue.
    LRM 15 at Thor (Summoner) Prime (Bot1); needs 6, rolls 6 :  - Glancing Blow - 5 swarm missile(s) hit

Thor (Summoner) Prime (Bot1) takes 5 damage to RT. 17 Armor remaining.

10 missiles continue.
    LRM 15 at Pouncer D (Bot1), the shot is an automatic miss (Only infantry shoot at zero range), rolls 5 : misses.

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..
        The remaining 10 missile(s) find no new target.

Did this work right?

Print this item

Reverse Map Sheets
Posted by: Jayof9s - 03-04-2011, 03:21 PM - Forum: Problems? - Replies (9)

Was there a change to maps in 35.22? I ask because I seem to be unable to add any of the standard sized 16x17 maps if I reverse them (tried on a 3x3 and 4x4 map I was building, with custom as well as standard megamek 16x17 maps).

The map gets added but then right away goes back to [SURPRISE]. Let me know if you would like any further info or if it is working normally for everyone else I will just re-install but this is a pretty fresh install as is.

Print this item

WANTED: Help making RATs
Posted by: BATTLEMASTER - 03-04-2011, 12:42 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (22)

Hi all, I'm currently working on converting RATs from the RUS files available at the Heavy Metal Pro website.  There are a LOT of files, and I don't feel that I can do this job alone.

So I'm wondering if any forum members would like to help with converting all of these RATs.  So far only the ones from Total Warfare have been completed and I have not started any more yet.  The RUS data files can be found here:  http://www.heavymetalpro.com/DataFiles.htm#RUS_Files

All I ask is that any member here interested in converting these RUS files to RATs declare in this topic which files they are working on to prevent people from doing the same ones at once.

At this point these files can only be hand-edited.  The format for each unit is:

Code:
title line (name of RAT)
unitname model,frequency
#any comments

When the RATs are complete feel free to post them to the data tracker at the MegaMek SourceForge page where I can put them into the project:  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i...tid=473782

If there are any questions feel free to PM me.

Attached are the complete TW RATs.

Thank you for your interest!

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that the unit names and models in the RATs much perfectly match the unit names shown in the unit selection dialog in the MegaMek lobby, spacing and everything.

EDIT 2:  I forgot to add the title line.  This is required to allow MegaMek to read the RATs properly!  My apologies!

Attached Files
.zip   Total Warfare RATs.zip (Size: 60.89 KB / Downloads: 9)
Print this item

Map Issues
Posted by: Rampython - 03-04-2011, 12:34 PM - Forum: Problems? - Replies (8)

Having a problem when I do really large maps.
I'm trying to do a 120 x 120 hex maps.
When I create th map all the clear terrain comes up as blank white hexs.

Print this item

Games for testing.
Posted by: troy3269 - 03-04-2011, 05:50 AM - Forum: User Creations - Replies (3)

Hey (Happy for this post to be moved as needed)

I have pulled together a first sceario for testing , and would like comments.

Lone assult mech has been seen in the local city centre. Your recon lance has been sent to stop it given your location. Your mission is to destroy the mech and not loose any units yourself.  

Comments welcome, I am trying to use more and more of the options.

Watch that the Bot can do strange things.

For new players such as myself here is a post of the loading instructions (apologises to the old hands)

1. Have a fairly current version of megamek Ver 35.21 which was what I used.

2. Copy the .board file into the boards subdirectory , on mine thats
"E:\megamek 35_21\Boards"  This is the game board which is 35 x 35 <feedback from one tester was to put it into the root directory fo the game>

3. Copy the Scenario files which are MMS and XML into the scenario sub
directory. Again mine was "E:\megamek 35_21\Scenarios"

4. Start up mega mek and load the scenario called "Scenario 2". You need to be player
"Attackers" and set laRoach to Bot, then OK until you deploy.

the game is double blind if it works and you will not see the emeny until you gain line of sight.

cheers

Attached Files
.board   aaa_3535.board (Size: 54.65 KB / Downloads: 7)
.mms   Scenario2.mms (Size: 556 bytes / Downloads: 8)
.xml   Scenario2.xml (Size: 12.84 KB / Downloads: 8)
Print this item