Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some units are missing
Atlas AS7-K

Blizzard Hovertank

I discovered these when going through the TW RATs.
The Blizzard Hover Transport is in there, it's under the IS Intro Box Set section not TW. If there is another blizzard hovertank I'm unaware of then I apologize.
(03-03-2011, 11:21 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: The Blizzard Hover Transport is in there, it's under the IS Intro Box Set section not TW. If there is another blizzard hovertank I'm unaware of then I apologize.

I don't see it anywhere.  I checked my latest updated files.
Blizzard Hover Transport is the correct name, not hover tank. All three variants are in.
The Atlas is indeed missing. This happened because its file was in the wrong folder in the mechs.zip when I added the 3039u units. I checked things, to make sure this wouldn't happen, but it seems I missed that one. Hopefully it was the only one.
Found it.  But I see a conflict with the RUS file.  The RUS file has the Blizzard listed as a medium tank, when it is actually a light tank.  I'm not sure if this was a problem with TW though.
Hovers have different fluff designations. They go only up to 50t so a 50t hover tank is an assault hover tank, for example
True, that makes sense.  Alright, made the corrections, thank you Smile
(03-04-2011, 05:15 PM)DarkISI link Wrote: Hovers have different fluff designations. They go only up to 50t so a 50t hover tank is an assault hover tank, for example

Yeah, I'm not sure how they come up with the designations since the Blizzard is 25t and so is the J Edgar Light Hover Tank. But I think cannon is just fairly hazy with the light/med/heavy/assault designation for hover vehicles and it may have more to do with their role. For example there is the 50t Condor Heavy Hover Tanks and the 35t Saladin Assault Hover Tank.

I know aerospace have an official (different) weight range for light/med/heavy but if there is an official one for hovers I haven't seen it. Either way, canon is canon.
I guess it's like how some players feel that 40 ton 'mechs are still light 'mechs and 80 ton 'mechs are still heavy 'mechs Smile
80t are Lyran scout 'Mechs Big Grin
I noticed earlier that the Corsair CSR-V12M is missing. Regular V12 and a V12M special are still there however.
(03-05-2011, 11:35 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote: But I think cannon is just fairly hazy with the light/med/heavy/assault designation for hover vehicles and it may have more to do with their role. For example there is the 50t Condor Heavy Hover Tanks and the 35t Saladin Assault Hover Tank.

to the best of my knowledge, when working out the weight class for Hover Tanks we use the same 'table' as other tanks (light/medium/heavy/assault), and as (combat vehicle) Hover Tanks don't go over 50 Tons, there are only 'light' and 'medium' Hover Tanks.

??? but what about the Condor Heavy Hover Tank or the Saladin Assault Hover Tank?

well, I'd say that's a case of the name of the vehicle.

ie: at 35 tons, the "Saladin Assault Hover Tank" is a light vehicle.
(03-06-2011, 11:00 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: I noticed earlier that the Corsair CSR-V12M is missing. Regular V12 and a V12M special are still there however.

The V 12M is in (V12M Reguslus). But I put the Regulus in '' to make it more clear, that it is just a nickname.

In the future, please open an own thread, when/if you find something. See the third rule for this forum area (http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=2.0). Makes it easier for me to find stuff, because (as you can clearly see), we have started to spam this thread, so it is possible for things to get lost, if they are not clearly structured.
I think my confusion with the nickname was that the previous version (incorrectly) only had 2 of the 4 small lasers so that had me thinking the new one was a special variant of the V12M when I first saw it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Missing Units SirMegaV 3 685 11-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Missing Units from Age Of War Era Mattiator 9 2,043 11-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Last Post: ralgith