Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPE Central :(
We were almost finished with the game and ran into some nasty NPEs during the indirect attacks phase.

Attached Files
.txt   megameklog.txt (Size: 20.43 KB / Downloads: 4)
And here's another log from reloading the save. Its a bit shorter.

To get this one I reloaded just the server player (OpFor in this case) and skipped through everyone (OpFor has nothing to do in this phase) and it still generates the NPE for the phase change.

I'm guessing this will be unrecoverable?

Attached Files
.txt   megameklog.txt (Size: 14.88 KB / Downloads: 1)
Afraid so. Could you please post the logs to the bug tracker on the project page?
(11-23-2011, 01:13 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: Afraid so. Could you please post the logs to the bug tracker on the project page?

That sucks Sad
This is a huge game that took over a month's worth of free time to play Sad

And aye, I'll post to the tracker.
I just committed a possible fix for this.
Maybe your savegame still works with current SVN, I think it's at least worth a try.
(11-24-2011, 04:16 PM)BeeRockxs link Wrote: I just committed a possible fix for this.
Maybe your savegame still works with current SVN, I think it's at least worth a try.

We'll try it, but I don't currently have the ability to compile the code. I need a good tut for setting up a dev environment for Linux. Preferably a guide specific to CentOS 6 Wink
Do you know how to use "ant" from the command line? It is fairly simple if you check out the man page. The SVN version already has the ant configure file. You need to use the option to make the jar file and then run that with java -jar MegaMek.jar.

At least that is what I do/did.

FYI: I use Kubuntu.
(11-24-2011, 07:10 PM)Xenon54z link Wrote: Do you know how to use "ant" from the command line? It is fairly simple if you check out the man page. The SVN version already has the ant configure file. You need to use the option to make the jar file and then run that with java -jar MegaMek.jar.

At least that is what I do/did.

FYI: I use Kubuntu.
[me=ralgith]installs ant and prepares to do this.[/me]
I'm happy to report that the svn code compiled easily with ant and I was able to continue the game post the point of the bad save. I actually just did /victory & /defeat to finish out at the end of that turn though, to avoid any possible ramifications of upgrading through so many changes.
Yay!