Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New MekHQ Release v0.1.11
A new mekhq release that should fix the problem with saving and loading campaigns where personnel are hired using the multiple personnel option. Also, Dragoons Ratings!

http://megamek.info/node/41
well i am going to see how this one plays Smile
(12-09-2011, 01:51 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: A new mekhq release that should fix the problem with saving and loading campaigns where personnel are hired using the multiple personnel option. Also, Dragoons Ratings!

http://megamek.info/node/41

Also, filters for unit and part purchases.  8)
Thank you for the quick turn around on these bug fixes!
Thank you very much. Just installed the .10 version yesterday and was mighty impressed by the changes.
One thing i noticed. I have got a custom BA unit and i cant seem to find the armor for it in the purchase part list.
In the warehouse the armor is just listed as Armor. But in the lists for purchasing parts i cant find it.
Feature request: Would it be possible to add a Connect To Game button instead of just Start Game? I've got a few campaigns where the OpFor and player(s) are tracked with MHQ and it would be nice if my players didn't need to bother with exporting MUL and finishing after since I'm usually the host.
(12-12-2011, 10:40 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote: Feature request: Would it be possible to add a Connect To Game button instead of just Start Game? I've got a few campaigns where the OpFor and player(s) are tracked with MHQ and it would be nice if my players didn't need to bother with exporting MUL and finishing after since I'm usually the host.

Yes, I was planning on adding this possibility.
(12-12-2011, 10:41 AM)Taharqa link Wrote: Yes, I was planning on adding this possibility.

Good to hear, thanks.
Hi Taharqa,

I noticed you wrote the following:

"approximation to support rating for Dragoons rating (waiting on StellarOps for final word)"

Do you mean that you are waiting on a copy of Strategic Operations so you know what the rules are?
(12-13-2011, 10:04 PM)Alemnyr link Wrote: Hi Taharqa,

I noticed you wrote the following:

"approximation to support rating for Dragoons rating (waiting on StellarOps for final word)"

Do you mean that you are waiting on a copy of Strategic Operations so you know what the rules are?

StellarOps, not StatOps. StellarOps is not yet published and will presumably update the rules for running merc forces from FM:Mercs Revised. The changes to maintenance and astechs in StatOps kind of make the rules on support coverage from FM:Mercs out-of-date.
Oh.....

I am recently back to CBT after a few years and I'm not up to speed on the books yet. I was going to say that I didn't see any dragoon ratings in Strategic Operations so I was wondering if StellarOps was one of your co-developers or something.

=)
I just ran into an issue with repairs. I had a 'Mech lose the right arm in battle and was having issues with repairing it. I salvaged everything from the location, scraped the right arm and replaced it with a brand new arm, it then proceeded to tell me that the arm was still destroyed when it came to replacing the remaining parts (actuators, weapons, armor, etc).

I looked into the save file and these lines were present:

<slot index="1" type="System" isDestroyed="false"/>
<slot index="2" type="System" isHit="true" isRepairable="false" isDestroyed="true"/>
<slot index="3" type="System" isHit="true" isRepairable="false" isDestroyed="true"/>

Once I removed those lines, saved and reloaded I was able to properly repair the arm finally. Has anyone else run into a similar instance? I'm wondering what caused the above lines to not clear when I had replaced the arm with a new part.

Also, all of my location parts that I bought with 1.10 (right arms for example) disappeared in 1.11. I assume because they are labeled different now, at least if I am recalling correctly they weren't specifically labeled by weight class like actuators were.

And I am still running into negative repair times, I think this may be carry over from 1.9 unfortunately. I am tempted to just rebuild the entire unit to see if these problems go away but it's one of my larger ones, so that'll be a pain.

Annnd 2 more things: Call-signs don't carry over from MHQ to MM for me (and never have). And is there a reason MHQ doesn't save ammo swaps? I've got a few tanks that I tend to keep a mix of normal SRM and inferno SRM ammo in, but every time I reload MHQ it wants to 'repair' them back to standard.

Edit: And just went through and did not have the same issue replacing other limbs. Have also not run into that issue with some other units, unless it was tied specifically to Right Arm Endo Steel for a 55 ton 'Mech I can't replicate the first issue.
yeah i had a similiar issue the other day Jay.
Negative repair times should be carryover from 0.1.9; haven´t had any with games started under 10 or 11. Repair levels not resetting to green still happens, though.
(12-17-2011, 06:25 PM)Sir Chaos link Wrote: Negative repair times should be carryover from 0.1.9; haven´t had any with games started under 10 or 11. Repair levels not resetting to green still happens, though.

That's what I was afraid of. I may just rebuild the unit at some point. Unfortunately I don't want to do it while in the middle of a contract and the current contract is going to take a few months to clear unfortunately. Oh well, I can work around it as always.
(12-17-2011, 01:21 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: I just ran into an issue with repairs. I had a 'Mech lose the right arm in battle and was having issues with repairing it. I salvaged everything from the location, scraped the right arm and replaced it with a brand new arm, it then proceeded to tell me that the arm was still destroyed when it came to replacing the remaining parts (actuators, weapons, armor, etc).

I looked into the save file and these lines were present:

<slot index="1" type="System" isDestroyed="false"/>
<slot index="2" type="System" isHit="true" isRepairable="false" isDestroyed="true"/>
<slot index="3" type="System" isHit="true" isRepairable="false" isDestroyed="true"/>

Once I removed those lines, saved and reloaded I was able to properly repair the arm finally. Has anyone else run into a similar instance? I'm wondering what caused the above lines to not clear when I had replaced the arm with a new part.

I believe the problem is the first slot which is your shoulder. When shoulders are damaged, the limb is considered destroyed. I had this problem at some point where shoulders and hips were not being fixed when arms and legs were replaced, but I thought I fixed that although I can't remember exactly when. If it pops up again, file a bug report.

Quote:Also, all of my location parts that I bought with 1.10 (right arms for example) disappeared in 1.11. I assume because they are labeled different now, at least if I am recalling correctly they weren't specifically labeled by weight class like actuators were.

Thats odd. I will take a look at that.

Quote:And I am still running into negative repair times, I think this may be carry over from 1.9 unfortunately. I am tempted to just rebuild the entire unit to see if these problems go away but it's one of my larger ones, so that'll be a pain.

I am positive we fixed that bug, unless there is another one, so you will have to search the xml file for those negative repair times and change them.

Quote:Annnd 2 more things: Call-signs don't carry over from MHQ to MM for me (and never have). And is there a reason MHQ doesn't save ammo swaps? I've got a few tanks that I tend to keep a mix of normal SRM and inferno SRM ammo in, but every time I reload MHQ it wants to 'repair' them back to standard.

Please post a bug report about call signs so I remember to fix that as it should be a very easy fix. The ammo swapping issue should have been fixed. Try setting all of your ammo back to standard to get rid of the repair item. Then re-swap with inferno and save. If you get the same problem on reload, please post a bug report.
in things of hip- and shoulder-hits:
when a shoulder or hip gets damaged (no matter if the whole arm or leg is gone or not) I always have to change from "repair" to "salvage" and salvage the whole arm or leg, including all components, then switch back to "repair" and only then I can repair the arm completely.
So is this not intented?
Yes but he is talking about *after* replacing the limb. For some reason the new limb did not include a shoulder.
Thanks Taharqa. I'll give the ammo swapping a try and see if it fixes it for good this time.

The arm issue was caused by a shoulder hit (not loss of the arm as I incorrectly stated), if I run into the shoulder issue again I'll post a bug report, but maybe you fixed it after releasing 1.11? I also posted a bug report regarding call-signs.

I think all the negative repair times I ran into were just carry over. I will probably just completely replace those units with new ones so I won't have to worry about negative repair times in the future.

And I apologize, I think the 'missing' location parts was due to me confusing 2 of my campaigns. Looking through it looks like I never bought the locations parts with this unit (I did with a few others and they are still there). So no issue there to look into. Sorry, too many campaigns to keep straight sometimes.
I know this is an old release, but I'm having an issue fixing a mech's leg due to a destroyed hip in the new 1.14.

The mech had a hip, lower leg and foot actuator hit, so I replaced all of them (except the hip).  Now when I go to "Repair Mech Left Leg" it tells me "You cannot repair a leg with a damaged hip.  This leg must be scrapped and replaced instead."  Which is fine, except that I don't have a way to scrap the leg.  If this is like the permanently damaged locations from failed rolls, then i'd be fine with it, but I haven't had a chance to fix it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.6 Taharqa 11 1,870 12-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: neilfw
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.5 Taharqa 11 2,519 05-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  New MekHQ Release 0.3.4 Taharqa 8 2,242 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.3 Taharqa 3 1,387 09-20-2013, 10:41 PM
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.2, now with maintenance Taharqa 10 2,192 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.1 Taharqa 18 3,804 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Last Post: DaddyHolby
  New MekHQ Development Release 0.3.0 Taharqa 16 3,642 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Last Post: mchapman1970
  First Stable MekHQ Release! Taharqa 10 2,521 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Thom293
  New MekHQ Release 0.1.24 Release Candidate 3 Taharqa 10 2,502 03-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Taharqa
  New MekHQ Release 0.1.22 Release Candidate 1 Taharqa 15 3,273 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s