Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get MUL/Resolve Scenario problems?
Is the Get MUL and Resolve Scenario bars supposed to be working?  because if they are, they don't work for me for some reason.

I have my unit in the TO&E screen.
I even agree to a contract (and move to the planet in the contract I am supposed to be based from).
But:

1)  I cannot 'Deploy Force'.  The option to deploy to mission shows up, but clicking it gets nothing. 

2)  I cannot 'Get MUL'.  clicking it does nothing whatsoever.  How do I save/get a MUL file of my un-injured mechs into mekhq to where I can use it?

3)  I cannot Resolve Scenario (probably because I have not gotten MUL?)

To do missions and get salvage involve me having to load up my mechs manually (with manually added pilots), then do the mission in megamak, then go back into mekHQ, load the salvage file from megamek, and when duplicates of my own mechs show up I have to delete my mechs that never left mekhq.  Gets a little tedious, so I am hoping I am just missing something and someone can show me what I have to do to fix this.

I have the latest version of mekhq.

On a side note...are aerotech fighters working in megamek?  I just tried two heavy aerotech fighters, pilots had 3/3 each, and for some reason they kept stalling, never were able to move, turn, or do anything except sit there in the air and stall every round.  To use the fighters are they only playable on space maps?  Or is there a way to use them to help strafe/weaken enemy mechs?

I am sure I will have lots of other questions when these are answered.  Thank you in advance for answering.
You have to add a scenario for a mission and then make sure it is selected in the scenario table at the bottom. Then you should be able to use the "Get MUL" and "Resolve Scenario" buttons. You should then also see it come up under Deploy Force on the right-click menu in the TO&E screen.
(06-03-2011, 12:16 PM)Justwanttobe link Wrote: On a side note...are aerotech fighters working in megamek?  I just tried two heavy aerotech fighters, pilots had 3/3 each, and for some reason they kept stalling, never were able to move, turn, or do anything except sit there in the air and stall every round.  To use the fighters are they only playable on space maps?  Or is there a way to use them to help strafe/weaken enemy mechs?

Aerospace fighters work. The rules are pretty different than space flights or controlling ground units but they do follow what is in Total Warfare. To move them you need to first accelerate (16 hexes per 1 acceleration and you need to use all movement per turn), also ASF lose 1 acceleration each turn, ASF can turn after moving 8+ hexes (at more than 1 acceleration there will be a control roll unless you go further than 8 hexes). Etc. To attack ground units the movement path of the ASF needs to pass over the unit. Hopefully that helps get you started.
Thank you, the Get MUL file works and I'm in the process of using the Resolve Scenario button.
Thank you for explaining the aerospace portion, makes sense now.

Now for other questions:

1)  Everytime I reload my campaign (from XML...the other one never works) I get ALOT of items in my warehouse showing up 'damaged/destroyed' that were not there before.  I then end up having to get rid of the items one-by-one...is there any way to get this to stop and reload my campaign without these problems?

2)  Dropships/Jumpships - Do these make any difference in the game at this point?  Or are they just for show?  Asking so I don't end up wasting alot of credits later on (when I can afford them).

3)  Clan Mechs - Are clan mechs implemented yet in the game?  I tried loading clan mechs in megamek (from all the clan options) and no mechs ever showed up.

4)  XP for mechwarriors...after I resolve a scenario, will it automatically resolve xp?  or is xp not implemented yet?

5)  when I first started my campaign, I hired 3 expert doctors....they had no patients...but when I saved/reloaded my campaign it seems all the doctors have 1 patient...permanently.  There are no patients on the left side of screen, they just say "1 Patient" under each of the doctors.  They still heal other patients like they are supposed to....at least they seem to do so, but anyone know a way I can get rid of the 1 ghost patient?

Thank you in advance for answering.
Sorry...have a 6th question also:

About making the game (megamek) use more memory.
I have looked in all the folders (megamek folders) and cannot find the file that I'm supposed to edit a line on, can someone point out what/where the file exactly is in the megamek folder?

also, the screen I saw shows how to use 512mb instead of 256mb...but my system has 8gb, so how can I use like 1GB?  what would the edited line look like for that?

Thank you for all helpful answers.
(06-03-2011, 08:10 PM)Justwanttobe link Wrote: 1)  Everytime I reload my campaign (from XML...the other one never works) I get ALOT of items in my warehouse showing up 'damaged/destroyed' that were not there before.  I then end up having to get rid of the items one-by-one...is there any way to get this to stop and reload my campaign without these problems?

Please post a bug report with a copy of your saved xml file. You might need to zip it.

Quote:2)  Dropships/Jumpships - Do these make any difference in the game at this poin
t?  Or are they just for show?  Asking so I don't end up wasting alot of credits later on (when I can afford them).

When calculating costs for jump travel, you don't have to pay for units that can fit on your dropships and you don't have to pay for collars that can fit on your jumpship. So it can save you money in the long run. The repair system for fixing them is no t fully implemented, so I would keep them out of combat though.

Quote:3)  Clan Mechs - Are clan mechs implemented yet in the game?  I tried loading clan mechs in megamek (from all the clan options) and no mechs ever showed up.

I don't follow. Are you trying to find clan mechs in MM or MHQ? And what do you mean by "loading" them?

Quote:4)  XP for mechwarriors...after I resolve a scenario, will it automatically resolve xp?  or is xp not implemented yet?

It will in the next release but not this one. You can manually add XP from the personnel right-click menu though.

Quote:5)  when I first started my campaign, I hired 3 expert doctors....they had no patients...but when I saved/reloaded my campaign it seems all the doctors have 1 patient...permanently.  There are no patients on the left side of screen, they just say "1 Patient" under each of the doctors.  They still heal other patients like they are supposed to....at least they seem to do so, but anyone know a way I can get rid of the 1 ghost patient?

Thats a bug. Its fixed for the next release already.
Clan mechs:  by loading I mean in megamek, when I am trying to create the enemy mech force.  If I use IS mechs, I can roll and get a random drawing of the mechs I will fight against...when I choose ANY of the Clan choices, then hit roll, nothing shows up at all. 

also..how do we turn the game sound off (or down) in the game?  I like to do other things (that use sound) while I play the game, and hearing the game sounds pop up on a regular basis gets bothersome.
The sound can be changed under View -> Client Settings.
Still no answer, so i'll ask again:

About making the game (megamek) use more memory.
I have looked in all the folders (megamek folders) and cannot find the file that I'm supposed to edit a line on (megamek.l4j.ini I believe it is), can someone point out what/where the file exactly is in the megamek folder?  I am using windows 7 64-bit.

also, the screen I saw shows how to use 512mb instead of 256mb...but my system has 8gb, so how can I use like 1GB?  what would the edited line look like for that?

---  AND  ---

i can find clan mechs in mekhq...but no clan mechs in megamek.  Is this normal? 
I have the latest version of megamek AND the latest version of mekhq.  But seems pointleess to get clan mechs in mekhq if I am never gonna be able to use them in megamek.
Clan units are and should be in MM. Not really sure how they could be missing from your copy of MM so I'm not really sure what further to tell you. There aren't any options to select, the only way I can imagine they'd be missing was if all your files for them were deleted. When you try to add a unit there should be a drop down for clan units.
I reinstalled MegaMek and now it mysteriously works (clan mechs showing up).
Some other stuff also seems to be working/showing up alot better also...must have had a corrupt install before.

Now onto my other question about increasing the memory the game uses...anyone able to answer that one?

Substitute 1024mb in place of 256 mb
Hails to you all, Clan warriors and pilots,

(06-03-2011, 02:08 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: You have to add a scenario for a mission and then make sure it is selected in the scenario table at the bottom. Then you should be able to use the "Get MUL" and "Resolve Scenario" buttons. You should then also see it come up under Deploy Force on the right-click menu in the TO&E screen.

Unfortunately this does not work in my proceeding either. Though I have deployed my units (yes, they appear deployed in the unit rooster in the briefing room) and marked the scenario in the scenario table on the bottom nothing happens, when I click the button "Get MUL file". When I check the file order I can not find a refering .MUL - file to my scenario/campaign.

You use "Get MUL" to create the MUL file. Save it, and then in MegaMek use "Load Unit List" to load it.

Then, after the battle is over (on the actual end of game screen of MegaMek, listing surviving and destroyed units and such) you get a pop-up that asks if you want to save surviving units in a file. This creates a new MUL file with the status of your units after the battle.

Back in MekHQ, you use "Resolve Scenario", pick the new MUL file as the "recovered unit file", pick "salvage.mul" in the "logs" folder as the "salvaged unit file". You get to confirm any units that are a total loss (unsalvageable, such as ammo explosion destroying the CT), and the KIA/MIA status of pilots, you get to pick which salvageable units to salvage, and then you get an overview of unit and pilot status changes due to the scenario. Click "finished" on that screen, and you´re back in the main MekHQ.
Thank you for your reply,

(06-15-2011, 04:53 PM)Sir Chaos link Wrote: You use "Get MUL" to create the MUL file. Save it, and then in MegaMek use "Load Unit List" to load it.

the aimed function was clear so far, but there was no further reaction (No window for saving the created Unit List) when I clicked the button "Get MUL file" and having marked the scenario - Until now.

Recently I have managed it and have to point on the presumably error: I have arrayed my units as a force in the campaign rooster, but unfortunately with a double entry. Twice my Star Captain appeared within the force. When this force was registered respectively deployed into the scenario table clicking on the "Get MUL file"-Button in the next step stayed without result concerning the save-file-process.

Now, having arrayed my WolfClan InterveneStar again with correct unit entries, the Button works. Probably there could have been another technical problem in my proceed - the sequence of creating forces, assigning units to forces, delpoying forces etc.
But all in all carefully prooving the unit structure and order seems to be another requirement for getting a MUL-file created respectively saved.

Thanks so far and Fire at will!
Could you please post a bug report about this so I don't forget about it? Use the SubmitBug.html in the MHQ folder.
Yes of course, I will send you the data as soon as I have totally proofed the way of saving and loading MUL.-files of my own, on this way excluding the matter that I did some technical mistakes spoken here already. To say correctly, I have problems loading this MUL.-files in MegaMek. Nothing appears by loading the intact data files into the Mega Mek entry ... But ... I have to research&try a litte bit.

Data comes as soon as human bias on my side could have been ruled out.

Furthermore and by this chance I have to thank you for that engineous works you and your followers brought to battletechfans all over the world!
German battletech-fans sending the best and respectfully greetings to you!

Regardless of what I do (I've tried editing names) whenever I try to Resolve Scenario, it comes back with this message:

"The following deployed pilots were not found in either MUL file."

Is this feature just not working yet?
(08-27-2011, 08:09 PM)Zogundar link Wrote: Regardless of what I do (I've tried editing names) whenever I try to Resolve Scenario, it comes back with this message:

I could be wrong but I think this screen (perhaps it could use a reword) is mostly a chance to review and make sure that all pilot records were correct - i.e. have pilots suffered the correct damage, are they KIA and should they be, and finally are they MIA. It isn't necessarily that they weren't in the mul file (as pilots record damage taken or if they're dead, obviously MekHQ got the record of that some where). So while it shows that message it doesn't always actually mean that it couldn't find those forces. Though in other cases if you use combined arms there will always be units not recorded in the MUL due to MM only 'naming' one person per unit.
(08-27-2011, 10:50 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: [quote author=Zogundar link=topic=129.msg1196#msg1196 date=1314490142]
Regardless of what I do (I've tried editing names) whenever I try to Resolve Scenario, it comes back with this message:

I could be wrong but I think this screen (perhaps it could use a reword) is mostly a chance to review and make sure that all pilot records were correct - i.e. have pilots suffered the correct damage, are they KIA and should they be, and finally are they MIA. It isn't necessarily that they weren't in the mul file (as pilots record damage taken or if they're dead, obviously MekHQ got the record of that some where). So while it shows that message it doesn't always actually mean that it couldn't find those forces. Though in other cases if you use combined arms there will always be units not recorded in the MUL due to MM only 'naming' one person per unit.
[/quote]

I think the text is unchanged from the previous version, in which this page showed only pilots not found, i.e. presumably MIA. In this version, it lists everyone for review. It sure scared me, first time it came up, but I appreciate the opportunity for reviewing pilots.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can not resolve battle after MM closes and return to MekHQ Degrathom 3 586 10-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: BLOODWOLF
  Deployment phase fails to resolve when launching megamek a second time from hq. Shaitan 0 689 04-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Shaitan