Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new player looking to join a campain
Heyo I'm a new player to MegaMek but a long time fan of the battle tech universe
and am looking to join a new campaign or join an existing one. i am currently playing a 3049 campaign on rolld20 and recently installed MegaMech and would like to start playing with people in the community
(05-25-2013, 04:31 PM)xhanatos link Wrote:Heyo I'm a new player to MegaMek but a long time fan of the battle tech universe
and am looking to join a new campaign or join an existing one. i am currently playing a 3049 campaign on rolld20 and recently installed MegaMech and would like to start playing with people in the community

I'm currently running a campaign with 2 more open player slots. One is as commander of a tank battalion and the other of a mech battalion. The tanks are combination of heavy cavalry and support designs. Things like Alacorns, Zhukovs, Demolishers, and VonLuckners are favored for the heavy cav, while a turreted LRM carrier is the primary support design. We had a "4 company" battalion for awhile, but all the hovercraft ended up getting wiped out. The mech battalion is a line battalion with a command lance of 4x Assault mechs, an Assault company (10xAssaults, 2xHeavies), a line company (12xMediums), and scout/line company (fast mediums and lights, with 4xMongoose and 4xJenner). If either of those sounds like you and you're interested in playing 3065 mercs in an altered universe then let's talk Wink

Apologies to anyone who read this pre-edit, I described the wrong mech battalion in my tiredness.
wow that's a lot of stuff to keep track of and while i do appreciate the offer keeping track of  all of that is a little to daunting for someone who hasn't played a single game on mektek and is currently running one medium mech in the d20 campaign. but like i said thank you for the offer it's just to much for me at the moment
(05-26-2013, 01:31 AM)xhanatos link Wrote:wow that's a lot of stuff to keep track of and while i do appreciate the offer keeping track of  all of that is a little to daunting for someone who hasn't played a single game on mektek and is currently running one medium mech in the d20 campaign. but like i said thank you for the offer it's just to much for me at the moment

You don't need to track it, just play it Wink And we play in pieces, usually no larger than a company. I track everything using MekHQ for all the players. When it's time for a game, I email you a MUL file and you just load it and connect to the server. At your option you can request unit customization as well.
ah i see ok that sounds much better. if i joined when would we play?
(05-26-2013, 10:07 AM)xhanatos link Wrote:ah i see ok that sounds much better. if i joined when would we play?

Whenever we could arrange a schedule matchup between you and I, or for everyone involved during the rare multi-PC games. You will need to install the latest version of the Mumble client for those games as well. Typically I'm available either Saturday or Sunday (usually not both the same weekend) and often during the week. I'm in the Eastern time zone in the US.
As long as it keeps at the lance level at first, until I get my feet under me with the program, Id be willing to run the mech portion.  I just need time to adapt to the program.
Well in his game you are facing clans... and very good clan pilots at that... though in my experience the RNG favors the player a lot more than the Falcons.
well i have my 3049 campaign on saturday at 6pm pst to about 10/12 and dnd pathfinder on sunday from 2pm pst to about 8:00

i have no poblems downloading the programs just need to know if my existing games will interfere
(05-27-2013, 11:35 PM)xhanatos link Wrote:well i have my 3049 campaign on saturday at 6pm pst to about 10/12 and dnd pathfinder on sunday from 2pm pst to about 8:00

i have no poblems downloading the programs just need to know if my existing games will interfere

The 3049 campaign shouldn't. There might be times when the Pathfinder campaign would, but since I'm pretty flexible I think we can safely say it doesn't matter Wink I'm even available a lot during the week, so it pretty much comes down to whatever we work out together.
durring the week i should be free untill 3:00 when i have to leave for college classes
and after this coming sunday my pathfinder game will be going on a 1 month hiatus
Ok, well, hit me up on an instant messenger of some sort so I can get you rolling.
kk ill send you a pm thursday afternoon or friday as then i will be done with finals

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solaris campain Bczretribution 0 291 12-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Bczretribution
  Hello all! looking to join a campaign that I can play a merc/merc commander in. krouzerstar 5 975 01-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Epic
  Start of New Campaign... players are screened to join. Mekslayer 1 1,446 05-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Mekslayer
  played in the 90's looking to relearn and Join a campaign Nightmare Rambo 3 1,023 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Mekslayer
  new player looking to join a campaign Seriann 0 1,270 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Seriann
  Merc Campain Set in the early 3000s Knighttrap 505 83,166 02-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Last Post: kuitiitijin
  New Campain : Kentares IV Inemorphis 4 2,549 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Garret Rand