Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving issues
Not sure if you are aware of this but if so.. Just ignore or delete this

But the save cpn format doesnt seem to work at all for me.

And as said in another thread for some reasons names get kind of borked converting into megamek which then will bork xml saves if you dont correct em.Tis a pain...
Indeed. Hand editing the XML after every save is one way to fix the problem, but it's tedious, especially with long campaigns. I've also noticed that MekHQ oftentimes cannot find the pilots of my mechs even though they have survived their encounters intact while their mechs are recovered without problem. This usually means that I find copies of several mechs in my hanger that are all assigned to the same person, which causes all kinds of problems when I try to deploy.
The problem with saving *cpn files is known and is already fixed for next release. In the meantime save with XML files. Can you please upload an XML file with the name problem? I thought we had fixed that so I want to see what is getting borked.
(05-31-2011, 11:57 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: The problem with saving *cpn files is known and is already fixed for next release. In the meantime save with XML files. Can you please upload an XML file with the name problem? I thought we had fixed that so I want to see what is getting borked.
Crap sorry i fixed it by going into the XML and editing the name .

no idea if it helps but the name that did it

was Martinez im pretty sure it has a special character in the last name with the ~ or some such above a letter ..

If it happens again ill make sure to save a copy before fixing it
Taharqa, if you fixed the issue with names that have non-standard characters on MekHQ's side the problem might be with Megamek. MM will properly load a name from the random name generator but it won't properly load the name from a saved mul file (ie it'll show up properly the first time but if I save/load I'll come back with a square replacing the letter as though it were a language/character my computer doesn't have loaded). So I'd assume if you deployed a team, did your mission and brought them back the pilot's name would be messed up again.
Good call. The problem does appear to be in the MM read/write of MUL files. It might take awhile to sort that out, but in the meantime I can put a fix in place in MHQ so that pilot names are not changed when resolving scenarios.