Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Skills Question
Is there a way to set default skills for new recruits?

It's odd to me that right now many of the drivers I recruit also have Gunnery as a secondary skill, but none of the gunners I recruit have a driving skill.

Thanks,

Dav
There's no way to change that currently. You can modify the bonus/penalty for their skill rolls but not what skills come with Vehicle Gunner, MechWarrior, etc. by default.

That said, drivers will always come with gunnery/driving because many vehicles require the drive to have gunnery as well. However, gunners always come with just gunnery. If you want them to have both, I'd just buy a bunch of drivers. You should be able to mass-change their primary role to gunner after.

Also, you can set the recruitment options to give them a high chance for secondary skills and they might get driving. But they're just as likely to get something completely unrelated, since the 'secondary skill' is a completely random skill in addition to what you hired them for.
(11-25-2013, 09:45 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote:There's no way to change that currently. You can modify the bonus/penalty for their skill rolls but not what skills come with Vehicle Gunner, MechWarrior, etc. by default.

That said, drivers will always come with gunnery/driving because many vehicles require the drive to have gunnery as well. However, gunners always come with just gunnery. If you want them to have both, I'd just buy a bunch of drivers. You should be able to mass-change their primary role to gunner after.

Also, you can set the recruitment options to give them a high chance for secondary skills and they might get driving. But they're just as likely to get something completely unrelated, since the 'secondary skill' is a completely random skill in addition to what you hired them for.

The only - relatively minor - problem with that is, when you use "hire full complement" to crew vehicles, gunners are hired for the gunner positions, i.e. you´ll end up with a lot crew without the Driver skill.
I know, you can avoid this by checking the number of crews required for tanks and then Mass Hire and then assign them. It adds a few extra steps, but it shouldn't be too cumbersome, even with a larger unit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Standard Skills Instead of Random Longshot 1 342 02-14-2017, 04:48 AM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Question about how SPA costs are supposed to be calculated (default values) pheonixstorm 11 1,950 04-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: scJazz
  Pilot skills not forwarding Immelmann 1 560 04-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Immelmann
  Individual Camouflage reverting to default after battle Xtris 7 1,229 01-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Groggy1
  changing the way skills are listed mchapman1970 5 1,188 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Set default options for MekHQ Peleandros 5 1,482 09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Planets and Skills vettie 2 1,103 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Last Post: vettie
  Game Options --> save as default Akira213 6 2,368 03-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Last Post: ralgith
  Experience Tab/ Skills Tab - Need table Explanation/Clarification moordoom 1 1,619 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Where to change starting Hire skills? AzDraon 2 1,223 12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Last Post: T.S. Hawk