Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refits
Love the Maintenance rules, especially love the ability to do advanced maintenance on an entire battalion without needing a notebook the size of 'War and Peace' the way we used to need to do it.  Three questions I have regarding it and Refits in general.

1) I have tried to Refit a DRG-1N Dragon into a DRG-1G Grand Dragon, but the refit is not available, I'm assuming because of the name change, even though the TRO:3039 states that it is a possible, although extensive, refit.  Is this intentional, or just a bug?  (I eventually just deleted the Dragon and replaced it with the Grand Dragon with the permission of the other players involved)

2) Under the Maintenance, Customization and Salvage rules, there is a refit option called "Refurbish".  It is a grade E refit, and takes 2 weeks for Mechs.  It costs 10% of the units base cost, and upon completion, upgrades the quality of all the parts in the unit 1 level.  Can this be added for a future release?  I have a couple of P-hawks with A rated Center Torsos, and the rules governing the campaign are very strict on when and how Mechs are available.  Plus most of the rest of the Mechs is E or F, so I really don't want to replace them.

3) Is there any way currently to require us to be at the facility to implement these refits?  I know there's a lot of facilities, and thousands that aren't listed, but if we're in the field on a Guerilla Mission, there should be no way we can do a Factory Refit, even if we have Dr. Banzai working on the refit.
1) MekHQ does not recognize the Dragon and Grand Dragon as the same chassis. If the chassis name is different, MekHQ views them as different 'Mechs and will not allow customizing between them. I'm not sure if that will change anytime soon (or ever) since it would require adding exceptions (and code to recognize those exceptions) and as far as I can recall, the Dragon -> Grand Dragon is pretty much the only instance where the chassis name changes, but it's really just a different variant - and I don't think it is true for every GD vs D variant (okay, I'm sure there are 1-2 other designs that have slight renames but are technically the same chassis, but it is very rare and likely more effort than it would be worth to 'fix').

2) Refurbishment is not currently implemented. It will likely be added down the road - maintenance rolls are still relatively new themselves.

3) Currently, MekHQ does not force you into using the correct facility type - it is something the player / GM will have to self-enforce. MekHQ provides the layout, but it is up to the user how strictly they want to adhere to the rules.
(12-09-2013, 08:58 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote: 1) MekHQ does not recognize the Dragon and Grand Dragon as the same chassis. If the chassis name is different, MekHQ views them as different 'Mechs and will not allow customizing between them. I'm not sure if that will change anytime soon (or ever) since it would require adding exceptions (and code to recognize those exceptions) and as far as I can recall, the Dragon -> Grand Dragon is pretty much the only instance where the chassis name changes, but it's really just a different variant - and I don't think it is true for ever GD vs D variant (okay, I'm sure there are 1-2 other designs that have slight renames but are technically the same chassis, but it is very rare and likely more effort than it would be worth to 'fix').

2) Refurbishment is not currently implemented. It will likely be added down the road - maintenance rolls are still relatively new themselves.

3) Currently, MekHQ does not force you into using the correct facility type - it is something the player / GM will have to self-enforce. MekHQ provides the layout, but it is up to the user how strictly they want to adhere to the rules.

As for 1 the only other instance I can think of offhand is the Spider/Venom. It would be nice to be able to have a list of "alternate" names so that you could have Dire Wolf (Daishi) and Daishi (Dire Wolf) be the same too.
As with all features not quite working or implemented, you could just GM the process. Use GM mode to remove the one mech and replace it with the other chassis. You can use GM mode to roll, remove supplies, and charge c-bills. It is more work but at least it can be done. You just have to be honest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni Refits? mkerensky 3 707 09-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: kipstafoo
  Can we improve refits, assign multiple techs? neilfw 1 1,021 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Mech Refits Snowene 8 2,274 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: ralgith