Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer List
Hi all,
I would like to volunteer to be your OpFor.  Partly because it sounds fun and partly because the bot can be stupid sometimes. Like when it decides the best route to get out of range is to leap off of a lvl 2 cliff into depth 2 water in a light mech. Needless to say, that mech didn't move for the rest of the game, which was sad because it was round 2.

Funny things aside, this can be a place to put down that you will volunteer to be an OpFor.
So on to the resume-ish thing:
Time: Pacific Time Zone(USA), usually able to play from 21:00-23:00 except Sunday. Can schedule to play (and is preferred). Also, if we can't finish in one night, then saving and starting it again some other time is no problem for me. (Great feature by the way: Saving)
Skill: Got the Total Warfare rulebook for Christmas (2010). Got all the rulebooks now, I think. Just reading through them. Probably very green, but will still be better than bot (see above).
Contact: Just PM me like 2 or more days before you want to play, so I can schedule. And to give me time to check the forum.
MegaMek Version: Any. Just give me some time to download it. And I have never done this before so the first time might be interesting when trying to connect. Though I have been playing MegaMek for about a year. I've played for awhile. And can connect no problem. (Mostly against the bot or self.)
Voice: Got Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, and Skype(if I recall correctly I have Skype). I'll have to download Skype if needed.
Messaging: I got Google, msn/hotmail, and yahoo chat. Just let me know and I can add you. I could download Pidgin, if needed. Once in game then the chat there works. Also check the IRC channel for MegaMek and the Battletech channel set up by SteveRestless. I am sometimes there. Mostly in MegaMek

If I left out any information, let me know and I'll edit this post. I think this is a great idea, since I can understand how hard it is to get someone to play on your terms. I think of it sort as role playing, which also means it is okay to act differently than if I was really playing for myself. I don't have a campaign of my own, so I'll just be your OpFor. Also if anyone else wants to volunteer then post your info here.
Good idea.

Time: Pacific Time Zone (US). I play a regular campaign game on Thursday nights from 20:00-24:00. My partner and I trade off playing OpFor against each other, but sometimes he can't make it so it is always nice to have backups available. Other than that the best times for me are actually during the weekday, before 5pm. That means I can play with others in later time zones (like East Coast US or European) who want to play in the evening.
Skills: I have a good deal of experience, but when I am playing OpFor I don't spend us much time measuring ever LoS and range increment as I do when its my own guys.
Version: I usually have the latest 3 or 4 development versions plus the latest stable lying around.
Messaging: See my profile.
I had been thinking about posting something similar myself but I feel like I don't have any sort of regular 'schedule' so I'd been hesitating.

Time: Eastern Standard Time (US) - usually available between 6pm and 10pm most weekdays, can also usually find time for a game on weekends.
Skill: Decent. I've been playing MM for at least a year now fairly regularly, mostly against a friend of mine in some campaigns I've been running and we switch off as OpFor (though I play OpFor more often than not). I favor the 3025 time frame and level 1 tech but I am still very familiar with 2750-3065 tech, anything beyond there and I may not be quite as proficient with all the newer toys (though I am aware of all/most of them, I just haven't had much/any hands on with them)
MegaMek Version: I use the latest version for my campaigns but I think I have at least 2-3 previous versions still on the computer and I don't mind downloading a particular version to join a game since it takes a whole 5 minutes to download and setup.
Voice: My mic died a slow painful death, I'll have a new one soon.
Messaging: I've got google chat, skype and I sometimes have my old aim account tied into gchat, all of them use my screen name here.

This is sort of off topic, but the homepage says there are 2 posts in this category.  However, I can only see this one.  What happened to the other one that described what OpFor was?  I actually never heard of it before I read it there. Just wondering.

Oh and I forgot to add to my post up above that I have no knowledge of the lore or backstory or locations of the BattleTech fictional universe. I am a newbie in that regard.
Fixed. Wish I knew what caused that to happen in the first place.
Hey, I know it's been awhile since anyone's posted here, but I've been running a unit for awhile against the bot, and was wondering if, maybe, I could find a willing OpFor player to pick up in the nearish future?  We wouldn't have to play out every contract, we could shift between AtB and regular, if the OpFor didn't have time.
I'm good through most of the evenings on weekdays, EST.  I'm usually busy Mondays and the first chunks of Thursdays, weekends are hit and miss.
(11-12-2011, 08:00 PM)Six link Wrote: Hey, I know it's been awhile since anyone's posted here, but I've been running a unit for awhile against the bot, and was wondering if, maybe, I could find a willing OpFor player to pick up in the nearish future?  We wouldn't have to play out every contract, we could shift between AtB and regular, if the OpFor didn't have time.
I'm good through most of the evenings on weekdays, EST.  I'm usually busy Mondays and the first chunks of Thursdays, weekends are hit and miss.

I can help out from time to time. I'm running a few campaigns currently which will have to take precedence but otherwise I'm happy to help. Always a nice change to run OpFor and not have to do all the work for admin and set up at the same time.
Well besides being completely clueless about using MekHQ (sorry Jayof9s, but I just can't get it to work), if you can tell me like 3 days in advance when you want to play, I can usually make it. Other than that, it is hit and miss. And my stuff is still current (the first one). I update it from time to time. Wink
I also will be happy to play Ops for anybody as well.  Xenon I might need you for ops for a scenario I am running for my campaign. 
Willing to play an OpFor for anyone interested. 

Availability: after 8pm (EST) weekdays with some notice.  Weekends hit or miss, but possible in the evenings. 

Skill:  I'm an experienced CBT player and have been playing MM for a few months now.  Prefer to play IS pre-clan but can play anything.

Version:  Have latest but can earlier versions.

Communications:  Google Talk, AIM, Skype.
I noticed when I came back to this post to update my info, as I've changed timezones, that it had been removed from the listing when you click on OpFor Exchanges. Is that just because it hasn't been posted to in a while? ???

I don't know about anyone else, but I am keeping my info up-to-date. If you schedule a game with me, I can usually do it or let you know I can't make it. Just like as if it is a BT club group.
Does anyone use this post still? If so, I'm available to play opfor. Will follow what ever scenario rules you need me to fill.

Time: EST from 4pm-10pm. If you need a different time, just ask and I'll see if I can pull it off
Skill: I've been playing my own campaign for almost 6 months in MekHQ and playing around with as many features in MM. So I know most of the tricks with MM to make it work well for the scenarios I try to play on my own.
Version: I have most of the versions up to the latest on my computer. I play the latest when I run my campaign.
Message: I have Teamspeak, Ventillo, Skype and YIM. If you need my to use a differnt chat or voice let me know.

I am also looking for anyone willing to play opfor for me. I've been playing my merc unit against the bot so I don't have a real good grasp on whether my unit builds are good. So anyone willing to play opfor for me running the latest mekHQ 1.1.20, please message me here. I also have some modified meks that I can e-mail to you so they can be used in the game.
Silmeril
Time: usually after 8pm EST M-W, a lot of varying times on weekends.  A few days ahead of time preferred, but you may get lucky.

Experience: no tabletop, multiple hundred Against the Bot Campaign battles, ~25 at The Shack, ~75 at Legends.  Varying levels of tech, most familiar with intro.  No Clans so far, but no problem learning.  Tend to play Periphery.  Have experience with vehicles, artillery, infantry, a little aero and BA.

Email, IRC, Skype, AIM all options.  Other could be obtained if preferred.
Time: Currently EST, but my availability changes weekly due to current demands of my job.  I'm willing to help play over multiple days no problem.
Skill:  Pretty descent with anything clan pre-invasion.  Post FedCom Civil War I am pretty sketchy on some of the new tech.  No experience with artillery and VTOLs.  Some experience with space aero, none with ground aero.
Voice: Teamspeak, Vent, Skype
Messaging: Y!M, Google, or Skype mainly.  I guess Steam if that counts..

You know, I should have added myself to this a long time ago.  I'm more than willing to be opfor on occasion.  Timezone PST and emailing me is best at epicsoul76 @ hotmail.com for contact.