Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warship Crew Injuries
My corvettes and dropships were destroyed in a single turn from mass firing. But all the crew survived without injuries. I've check the rules and it needs a critical hit of 12 to cause injuries. It would be nice if half of the crew get killed or injured badly.

Anyone have anything like random injury generator for selected personals or did I miss something from MekHQ?
(05-01-2014, 05:31 AM)SirMegaV link Wrote:My corvettes and dropships were destroyed in a single turn from mass firing. But all the crew survived without injuries. I've check the rules and it needs a critical hit of 12 to cause injuries. It would be nice if half of the crew get killed or injured badly.

Anyone have anything like random injury generator for selected personals or did I miss something from MekHQ?

I think this is a case where spacecraft aren't 100% implemented yet. I believe StratOps covers the correct rules for handling deaths (and possibly injuries) in the case of dropships/jumpships/warships being destroyed. Unfortunately that isn't exactly compatible with my advanced injuries rules.
(05-01-2014, 09:05 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote:[quote author=SirMegaV link=topic=1630.msg10495#msg10495 date=1398936679]
My corvettes and dropships were destroyed in a single turn from mass firing. But all the crew survived without injuries. I've check the rules and it needs a critical hit of 12 to cause injuries. It would be nice if half of the crew get killed or injured badly.

I think this is a case where spacecraft aren't 100% implemented yet. I believe StratOps covers the correct rules for handling deaths (and possibly injuries) in the case of dropships/jumpships/warships being destroyed. Unfortunately that isn't exactly compatible with my advanced injuries rules.
[/quote]

Exactly. And when they are implemented, compatibility with the advanced injuries system will be included.
In StratOps? I must have missed that. Anyway, I'm going around it by assigning all of the crews as infantry and let the bot kill then see who live and dies. Not too fun when a Cruiser have like 200 crews, but the work involved made it kind of fun.

Anyway keep up the great work.
(05-01-2014, 09:05 AM)Jayof9s link Wrote:I think this is a case where spacecraft aren't 100% implemented yet. I believe StratOps covers the correct rules for handling deaths (and possibly injuries) in the case of dropships/jumpships/warships being destroyed. Unfortunately that isn't exactly compatible with my advanced injuries rules.

Actually, I think StratOps is pretty unclear about how to handle large craft casualties, especially in the case of total destruction.
(05-02-2014, 11:03 AM)Taharqa link Wrote:[quote author=Jayof9s link=topic=1630.msg10496#msg10496 date=1398949504]
Actually, I think StratOps is pretty unclear about how to handle large craft casualties, especially in the case of total destruction.
[/quote]

I went thru StratOps yesterday and found nothing too.. Maybe it's because no one except a few are crazy enough to keep track of warship crews, especially when the tabletop game is not using MekHQ.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temp Crew? ErikModi 1 217 11-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Hammer
  AtB: (help please) Vehicle crew death, how do I deal with this? Jesterr 4 398 05-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Jesterr
  Code - Large crew requirements? pheonixstorm 5 897 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  warship and dropships distrubution warhammer74 3 830 06-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: neilfw
  Saperate Screen for Opposition Crew Capture SirMegaV 2 628 05-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Last Post: SirMegaV