Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Loss Compensation - calculated how?
Just ran some numbers and it looks like it is based on the sale value rather than the buy value. If that is the case I do not think it is correct.

See http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.ph...#msg522232
Check your options. There is a setting to use sale value instead of purchase value.
As Jayof9s said, there is a check box for this setting. Campaign Options, Mercenary Tab.
Which is unchecked and yet destroyed equipment (weapons/armor) is based on the sale value while a mech listed as a total loss is calculated at purchase value.
(05-03-2014, 11:50 AM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Which is unchecked and yet destroyed equipment (weapons/armor) is based on the sale value while a mech listed as a total loss is calculated at purchase value.

Post a bug report please. That might be related to the changes in pricing that happened when we added the quality levels for parts. Really, I think we need a better way of handling this that separates quality levels from new vs. used status.
Why is the checkbox there anyway?

As for new vs used and the quality... What affect does quality really have in terms of pricing as far as Mercs Revised or StratOps is concerned. I know for repairs and salvaged it has a real valid use but for pricing.. may have missed or skimmed over that part.
(05-03-2014, 03:30 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Why is the checkbox there anyway?

As for new vs used and the quality... What affect does quality really have in terms of pricing as far as Mercs Revised or StratOps is concerned. I know for repairs and salvaged it has a real valid use but for pricing.. may have missed or skimmed over that part.

It may be there for unofficial reasons or have come from IntOps as well.
(05-03-2014, 03:30 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Why is the checkbox there anyway?

The checkbox is there because there was a debate about whether BLC should be based on sale or purchase price. My opinion is that employers are compensating you for the loss of your capital stock (i.e. sale value) but the official ruling was purchase value, so that a command can actually make money from losing most of their mechs. I think that is ridiculous thus an unofficial option.

That was all before we added quality levels. I can't remember if quality differences are tied to prices in the rules that we have (maybe will be in IntOps) but it seemed logical that units and parts in worse condition would be worth less. You can of course get rid of this by just putting the same percentage on all quality levels.

The issue is that new units are always assumed to be top quality in terms of pricing even though they are not once you get them. I need to sit down and think through the maths so we can create a system that makes buying and selling make sense, but also is still within the canon rules, or at least allows us to be within rules.
Yeah, I am still trying to figure out why A 500 million c-bill tramp can be sold for 800+ million which makes me wonder which price the BLC would figure on  :o
(05-04-2014, 01:42 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Yeah, I am still trying to figure out why A 500 million c-bill tramp can be sold for 800+ million which makes me wonder which price the BLC would figure on  :o

Large spacecraft are still not fully implemented. I thought we'd gotten the prices better tacked down a few times but clearly not.
Well on that note what about the peublo, it shows a purchase price of 38 billion, my modified dictator comes up as 1 billion. I think for the two DS its due to the HPG and Naval Comm Scanner.
(05-05-2014, 07:52 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote:Well on that note what about the peublo, it shows a purchase price of 38 billion, my modified dictator comes up as 1 billion. I think for the two DS its due to the HPG and Naval Comm Scanner.

(05-05-2014, 06:24 PM)Jayof9s link Wrote:Large spacecraft are still not fully implemented. I thought we'd gotten the prices better tacked down a few times but clearly not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about how SPA costs are supposed to be calculated (default values) pheonixstorm 11 1,929 04-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: scJazz
  Battle information not transferring to mekhq after the battle saracen 14 3,602 02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: saracen