Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug Report
First of all, MekHQ is awesome, now that I have it, it's all I play. Brilliant!

While playing I sniffed out a couple of bugs, thought I would report them:

While resolving a battle I pulled in my salvage, this included two Centurions of the same model, I don't recall the enemy having one, but it's possible. Anyway, they both had the same pilot but different levels of damage. I repaired one and tried to reassign the pilot, no matter who I put, they would pilot BOTH mechs. I eventually sold the more damaged Centurion and the game locked up. After that I couldn't go in the the repair bay without it freezing.

This has been mentioned before, but dead pilots show up in the infirmary to be healed although they don't go back on the roster after being healed but they can be assigned to mechs which cannot be deployed.

Unit purchases aren't subtracting from my finances, although everything else seems to be working fine. Parts, payment, Rich Uncle, etc.

If I think of any more I'll list them, and one mreo annoying thing, any firm(ish) date n the next release? I heard it's soon(ish) and I can't wait!
Note: I reextracted the MekHQ files and unit purchasing works this time. Dunno if that helps trouble shoot it at all.

Also, I meant to do this in the first post, but I'm (essentially) a writer by trade, and I figured I would offer my services for this project. I can do data collection for the planets or something if that would help at all.
I think I already reported all the bugs you listed.

IIRC they couldn´t reproduce the duplicate Mech thing. You´ll have to be careful when picking salvage to only take Mechs/vehicles/whatever that are from the other faction - check the endgame screen of MegaMek when in doubt. To make things easier, I tend to never assign the other side any units that are already present on my side, so there are no mix-ups.
Yeah, I certainly learned my lesson, and I had figured all the bugs had been found out, just figured I would do my little part Tongue

Anyway, my earlier offer to help with research on fluffy background/detail stuff remains.
Hey, no offense intended, okay?

You can find the bugtracker here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id...id=1144608
The devs generally prefer if you report bugs there.
(07-04-2011, 10:16 AM)TimeKiller link Wrote: Yeah, I certainly learned my lesson, and I had figured all the bugs had been found out, just figured I would do my little part Tongue

Anyway, my earlier offer to help with research on fluffy background/detail stuff remains.

I know Taharqa has a list going of volunteers and once he knows what sources can be used and has all the correct fields in mekhq (I think he does by now) we will begin filling in planetary data. We'll get in touch with everyone who has expressed an interest in assisting when we have the guidelines and are ready to start.
Quote:Hey, no offense intended, okay?

Oh, no not at all. Big Grin

Quote:I know Taharqa has a list going of volunteers and once he knows what sources can be used and has all the correct fields in mekhq (I think he does by now) we will begin filling in planetary data. We'll get in touch with everyone who has expressed an interest in assisting when we have the guidelines and are ready to start.

Alright! Sounds good, I'll be around.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assigend Tech & Unit Rating Report rroby 2 494 03-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Last Post: rroby
  MekHQ - logs & daily report 984 1 281 11-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Last Post: 984
  Not a Bug Report: Hide and Seek Sidewinder 1 295 12-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Last Post: NickAragua
  Bug Report: Replacing the Head on a salvaged mek Sylterix 1 2,155 10-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Last Post: ralgith