Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
campaign won't load after deleting a vehicle (GM mode)
hi guys. there was a badger tracked transport A in my group's force that they couldn't repair (no vech techs) and was causing an annoying issue because they wanted to pass a few months till they were lifted off planet. so i figured "i'll just delete it" after clearing it with them (they didn't care) i did.

i guess it totally fucked over the interface. couldn't do anything, it was all tear-y for some reason "i'll just save and reload!" this apparently was a huge mistake; the save file won't load and i don't have any backups :/

i did notice that the campaign file is really just a textfile, like .muls, so i took a look around; though the thing really is massive i looked very carefully at the unit section, to see if i  could find any open tags that might be preventing it from parsing. i couldn't find any mention of the bandit that's still in there. i've also confirmed that pasting the text out of the file into another .CPNX file does not work, so it's not the file itself; maybe an open tag or an unclosed tag is preventing it from parsing?

your forum doesn't seem to allow upload.

here's a mediafire link instead, sorry. https://www.mediafire.com/?3nkf89829xca0ng

if anyone could take a look at it and figure it out, i'd really appreciate it; as it is it's kind of derailed my plans for the campaign ;_;

if i can't figure it out i guess i'll have to rebuild it from scratch inbetween the next week, but i'd really prefer not to as i'd lose a lot of data.

mekhqlog.txt https://www.mediafire.com/?ub3ix8adfuhxyg3
If you open up a ticket on the bug tracker (see my sig), you can attach files there.  Also it would be good to include the mekhqlog.txt file when you do.
(11-25-2014, 07:39 PM)Netzilla link Wrote: If you open up a ticket on the bug tracker (see my sig), you can attach files there.  Also it would be good to include the mekhqlog.txt file when you do.

i edited my first post with the log and i'll submit a bug report in a minute. thanks.
Looks like you're running an older version because I know I fixed that div0 error.  Try downloading the most current custom version from here and see if you can open your campaign with it.

http://bt.dylanspcs.com/
And I think I was the one to originally report said bug. That or another one like it... Without updating to 0.3.6 or a ralgith custom I don't think you will be able to load that campaign again w/o some heavy editing. Or.. actually I think I have an idea.
(11-25-2014, 09:24 PM)Netzilla link Wrote: Looks like you're running an older version because I know I fixed that div0 error.  Try downloading the most current custom version from here and see if you can open your campaign with it.

http://bt.dylanspcs.com/

oh geez, there's another version?

i am on .35. i'll give the new one a spin and get back to you. cheers!
well OK. thanks. looks like you really did fix that div0 issue because it works fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't load/save your campaign? Taharqa 159 38,437 06-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SilverSword
  Deleting lots of units form the Hangar at once Kristan Dagley 9 1,021 12-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Kristan Dagley
  Cannot load campaign, if there is no doctor? luiges90 2 828 02-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Option to load a savegame and load Princess instead of TestBot? Vashnevskaya 4 1,851 03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Netzilla
  GM Mode in repair bay? frostvarg 2 1,539 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Last Post: frostvarg
  GM Mode Hotwire 3 1,379 04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Hotwire
  Help Please my campaign suddenly won't load waylander 2 1,090 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Netzilla
  Unable to Load Saved Campaign T.S. Hawk 10 2,491 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: T.S. Hawk
  Cannot load campaign T.S. Hawk 2 1,287 12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Taharqa
  Unable to load campaign with v0.1.10 DaddyHolby 14 3,393 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Last Post: DaddyHolby