Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Mobile Artillery
I agree with ralgith. I would love to have an unofficial version to fire the artillery weapons from VTOLs. Of course, that is talking about the artillery pieces that cannot normally be fired from a VTOL or other air units (since I believe he is talking about the aero IV).

All hail the mighty firepower of the Spooky Gunshi. Ha ha ha.

Of course, putting in this unofficial rule would only be if you felt like you had enough time to put it in since it is unofficial and it wouldn't accomplish a whole lot other than letting us have a little bit of fun creating AC-130 type VTOLs or other aircraft.
(05-08-2012, 03:28 PM)raozspaz link Wrote: I agree with ralgith. I would love to have an unofficial version to fire the artillery weapons from VTOLs. Of course, that is talking about the artillery pieces that cannot normally be fired from a VTOL or other air units (since I believe he is talking about the aero IV).

All hail the mighty firepower of the Spooky Gunshi. Ha ha ha.

Of course, putting in this unofficial rule would only be if you felt like you had enough time to put it in since it is unofficial and it wouldn't accomplish a whole lot other than letting us have a little bit of fun creating AC-130 type VTOLs or other aircraft.

I've no problem adding it. But it'll be a bit down the road yet.
Thats what I figured you would say and by all means, that is perfectly fine by me.
(05-09-2012, 05:29 AM)raozspaz link Wrote: Thats what I figured you would say and by all means, that is perfectly fine by me.

Go ahead and (someone) make a feature request for this please. Otherwise I might forget Smile
I think this conversation got off target. Air Mobile Artillery is the Transportation of a Artillery Piece by means of Helicopter. Not Mounting a Gun on a bird and using it. The original question was related to moving Arty with VTOL's
(05-26-2012, 11:00 PM)superdude 431 link Wrote: I think this conversation got off target. Air Mobile Artillery is the Transportation of a Artillery Piece by means of Helicopter. Not Mounting a Gun on a bird and using it. The original question was related to moving Arty with VTOL's

Good luck with that. I dont know if any VTOLs have a cargo capacity big enough to even carry any of the artillery weapons. Maybe the Karnov, but that is only the cannon, not the entire tank that its equipped on.
I know. Its one of those reality vs BT slips the table top devs overlooked. 10th Mountain we used to sling-load M198's on Chinook's all the time. Chinook's are only about 11 tons and can carry 25 tons. Its the only thing about BT that bugs me. Modern Tech is more advanced then Battletech :-\
Long time since I started this thread. Smile

Aren't there rules in TacOps for moving equipment by means of a VTOL using a lift hoist?  I don't own a copy right now, so can't look it up, but getting one soon.
VTOL's count as ground vehicles and use artillery as such, using the VTOL Special Attack rules on pages 107-108 of TacOps they can also, in theory, carry and fire Air Launched Arrow missiles

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air-Mobile BA pfarland 0 1,547 08-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: pfarland