Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble with custom infantry using multiple weapons
For whatever reason, whenever I create a custom infantry unit - even if I copy the template of SRM Foot Platoons and verify that they have both weapons and additional things such as "Swarm Mek" in their list - once in game, they only have the last weapon assigned to the platoon, every time, with no option to swarm meks.

Am I doing something wrong with the design side?  Is it an issue with Megamek?

Thanks!
Mechanized infantry can't do swarm attacks.

It gets somewhat complicated... you might want to review the Infantry Construction rules Total Warfare starting on page 212.
If you attach your customs files here, I can test them and see if their is an issue.
Awesome.  I'll throw the attachments up here.  Having only one weapon isn't so much of an issue (though sometimes it feels nearly random which weapon they'll get), but I can't figure out how to keep the Swarm Mek ability on custom infantry at all; I've been using foot troops.  I'll attach some of the ones I'm using to this post for sure.

As I have a few examples of it, I just attached 4 random custom infantry for the next mission in the campaign.  Definitely appreciate anyone looking into it, it would be nice to have the FRR Uprising be able to swarm meks with detpacks. heh

Attached Files
.blk   FRR Resistance Organied Resistance Cell.blk (Size: 589 bytes / Downloads: 3)
.blk   BSI 2nd Avatars Sniper Squad.blk (Size: 535 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.blk   BSI 2nd Avatars Commandos.blk (Size: 570 bytes / Downloads: 3)
.blk   FRR Resistance Rioters.blk (Size: 568 bytes / Downloads: 3)
OK, looking at your files and have them loaded in MM

FRR Resistance Rioters is right... with two Support weapons it should show the SRM
FRR Resistance Organized is right showing the LAW from 2 Support weapons
BSI 2nd Avatars Commando is right showing Primary weapon Blazer Rifle
BSI 2nd Avatars Snipers also correct

Nothing is wrong with any of these files.

If you want them to have Anti-Mech abilities then you must add this to the end of the file...

<antimek>
</antimek>

Tech manual pg 151 or there abouts describes Secondary weapons and Support Weapons.

Please also note that your 8 man Sniper group will not be able to run an Anti-Mech attack because it doesn't have enough men. IIRC the limit is 15 and for the life of me I can't find the table right now. Probably because I have wayyyyyyy to many windows open at the moment. 21 and counting... gah!

EDIT: Typical... having posted I found the passage as I was closing some windows...

Total Warfare pg 221
Thanks!  I definitely should have been more familiar with the infantry build rules.  The <antimek> bit, however, really helped fix this - which is nice, since it will definitely add some more elements to the next session that would have been lacking otherwise. 

I appreciate the help!
(12-18-2014, 11:17 AM)Victor Morson link Wrote: Thanks!  I definitely should have been more familiar with the infantry build rules.  The <antimek> bit, however, really helped fix this - which is nice, since it will definitely add some more elements to the next session that would have been lacking otherwise. 

I appreciate the help!

YW happy PBI hunting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble /w Java 211 ranger11bv 1 306 04-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Neoancient
  Custom Weapons? Docwade 1 328 02-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Multiple C3 Masters? ErikModi 5 566 06-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ErikModi
  Megamek custom weapons blah2355 6 820 04-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Arlith
  Custom weapons? Koniving 6 2,109 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Koniving
  Having trouble with infantry combat in buildings Victor Morson 3 766 12-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Victor Morson