Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different folders for different personnel portraits?
I'm wondering if there's a way to get different personnel types to use different sources for portrait images.  I'm curious because, in assembling my own personnel portrait folders, I've made a folder specifically for Elementals, featuring images of appropriately-beefy people.  Since I don't want my MechWarriors or AeroPilots looking like Elementals, and vice versa, I have them in my own folder.  But it gets really tedious changing each portrait individually, to say nothing missing out on the whole "random" point.

Is this doable, or do I just need to keep taking the long way?
(02-07-2015, 01:35 PM)ErikModi link Wrote: I'm wondering if there's a way to get different personnel types to use different sources for portrait images.  I'm curious because, in assembling my own personnel portrait folders, I've made a folder specifically for Elementals, featuring images of appropriately-beefy people.  Since I don't want my MechWarriors or AeroPilots looking like Elementals, and vice versa, I have them in my own folder.  But it gets really tedious changing each portrait individually, to say nothing missing out on the whole "random" point.

Is this doable, or do I just need to keep taking the long way?

For now the long way. This is on my todo list, just need the time to get to it.
Cool, thank you.
So new option to use <name>\someimage.png for say person X and a different <name2>\otherimage.png for person Y?

Sounds like it could be an if statement when choosing images locations when hiring new personnel. If type x choose folder x. That about right ralgith or is there more to it?
(02-08-2015, 03:15 AM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: So new option to use <name>\someimage.png for say person X and a different <name2>\otherimage.png for person Y?

Sounds like it could be an if statement when choosing images locations when hiring new personnel. If type x choose folder x. That about right ralgith or is there more to it?

Little more to it, since you have to allow for "general pool" icons as well. Also have to account for gender enabled sub-folders.
Multiple ways to skin a cat, eh? Big Grin

Are you going to do it with directory structures or are you going to make "set" file that the user can modify to specify where things are?
The "set" option is more like the sprite image file (client_mechset?) that links mechs with images, but this would probably link subgroups with folders.
However, if you are going to have folders anyway then maybe the directory one is better. Who knows. ???
Maybe more like
Male/UnittypeA/randomimage.png
Male/UnittypeB/randomimage.png
Male/General/randomimage.png

I don't see a need for a different type for everything. IS BA for example would not need Elemental potraits and could use infantry instead. ASF and CF pilots could share and vee crews could use any of them. We could even give techs a nerd or geek folder  :o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  personnel tab lambourne 2 799 08-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Last Post: lambourne
  45.0 Personnel Market illrede 2 705 08-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: illrede
  Mechwarrior portraits mauq 2 786 01-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Last Post: mauq
  Hiring personnel of given experience level grimlock 2 863 12-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: grimlock
  Portraits Folder Stjames 1 1,118 09-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Madcow9000
  Campain Personnel Custom Ranks List - How do I use it Enigmatosis 1 1,282 07-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Sir Chaos