Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with MegaMek on OSX 10.10.3
I've got Java 8 and OS X 10.10.3. I'm trying to run MegaMek. Any time I try to start it up, it launches in the dock for a few seconds and then disappears. I assume it must be crashing.

I'm using 0.41.4, which I wonder if that might be the main problem.

Any insights that anyone could give to try and get it running?
Are there any errors in the megameklog.txt found in the logs directory? I'd look there first.
More importantly, did you use the Java 8 JRE or the Java 8 JDK? The JRE for OSX isn't really a JRE the same way it is in Windows. It's setup as the Java browser plugin. Instead install the Oracle JDK 8.

Otherwise, you'd probably have to give me a remote desktop access so I can do some debugging, as I don't have access to a 10.10.x machine.
The Oracle fix works btw if any other OS X users find their way here. Thank you Ralgith.
No problem. In theory even the crippled JRE being offered by default should work, but it doesn't always get detected. Hence my suggestion of trying the JDK.

On the upside, the place I work now is using all Apple machines for our desktops/laptops, so I have access to test things.
(07-14-2015, 08:25 PM)ralgith link Wrote:No problem. In theory even the crippled JRE being offered by default should work, but it doesn't always get detected. Hence my suggestion of trying the JDK.

On the upside, the place I work now is using all Apple machines for our desktops/laptops, so I have access to test things.

lol... All Apple machines is a plus side?!? :o
(07-20-2015, 03:10 PM)scJazz link Wrote:[quote author=ralgith link=topic=2154.msg14169#msg14169 date=1436919903]
No problem. In theory even the crippled JRE being offered by default should work, but it doesn't always get detected. Hence my suggestion of trying the JDK.

lol... All Apple machines is a plus side?!? :o
[/quote]

Only in that I have one to test our code on Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with adding warships to MegaHQ/MegaMek ganalon 1 381 01-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Issues loading custom dropship into Megamek Shoeless 2 626 04-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Shoeless