Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatchets and a CN9
It's been a LONG while since I opened MM or MHQ, so I grabbed the newest version of HQ I saw on the site (0.3.19) and went to town. Playing ATB I rolled a CN9-D and melee specilist for one guy. Being the Justin/Kai Allard fan I am...I thought "Hatchet time!". So I threw it into the MekLab (in HQ) and got to customizing. Had to GM the hatchet (for some reason it was unavailable - even tho I started on Outreach) but I finished the work, and passed days away in interstellar transport to my first mission. Get on-planet, get a fight (for the right lance!) and go. A Locust tried to run up on me, and I laughed. Then was stumped because - no hatchet!
It's like it's misc. equipment with no use.

I don't have a log file, but I can re-do the battle and make one if that helps. Or I could attach my cpnx file. Which one would show where I went wrong?
Likely the cpnx file is best.  I'm guessing something is wrong in the Entity instance, where the equipment got added but the weapon attack didn't.  It may even be reproduceable by taking a unit in MHQ and modifying it have a hatchet.
Trying to do the same thing in MML and then I'll throw it into a MM battle to test it. Here's the cpnx file from shortly after the re-fit was completed. (Like an idiot, I just re-re-configured the CN9 in my main save)

(as a .rar file because of attachment size limits...)

Attached Files
.rar   Storm Fire30550302.rar (Size: 25.48 KB / Downloads: 1)
My guess is that if you built it in MML and then add the unit into a game in MM, you probably won't see the issue.  My guess is that when the unit is built in MML via MHQ, some piece of information isn't getting set proplery in the Entity instance.  I'm guessing something that happens when you load the MTF file in MM isn't happening when you add the hatchet in MML via MHQ.
Between work and driving I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but I did notice something odd in the mtf that was in my custom folder. It was "missing" a ton. Removed all but the 2 medium lasers, added a hatchet, gauss rifle, and one ton of ammo (moved the case to the left torso). When I re-built it in mml, there was room for 2 tons of ammo (its been so long since I've played that I didn't catch that at first).I'm thinking maybe that was part of the problem?
After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion I'm a dumbass. Forgot that THERE WAS NO HAND ACTUATOR on the right arm of a CN9...I'm guessing this is the entirety of the problem...
(10-08-2015, 11:10 AM)Groggy1 link Wrote: After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion I'm a dumbass. Forgot that THERE WAS NO HAND ACTUATOR on the right arm of a CN9...I'm guessing this is the entirety of the problem...

Self awareness is a great trait! LOL  :o