Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEKHQ hangs on start-up, could not find "x" unit from "y" rat
Yes, when I download Phoenix's file it came with a new MM.exe (no new HQ.exe do I need that?) and had all the RATs zipped up but, gave me that exception and wouldnt load HQ (process stayed running though in task manager).  So, I just put your .jar back in but, doesnt seem to affect HQ though.  I am very confused and was going to send a screen shot of my mekhq folder but, internet messed up last night while working on that.
(03-23-2016, 01:28 AM)Akjosch link Wrote: [quote author=BLOODWOLF link=topic=2295.msg15715#msg15715 date=1458709834]
Um, ok megamek does load faster now with the .jar file you made.  HQ still "Loaded Rats in: 419186ms".  But, if its fixed for the next release I will be patient and wait because I dont know.....but thank you very much.

Did you zip up your RATs in MekHQ, too?
[/quote]

For your .jar file (this all to get HQ to load faster) I should zip up all the RATs into a RAT.zip folder correct?  I think Phoenix's is RAT/default.zip/ and then all the RATs but, what does the file path need to be for yours?
(03-23-2016, 09:43 AM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote: For your .jar file (this all to get HQ to load faster) I should zip up all the RATs into a RAT.zip folder correct?  I think Phoenix's is RAT/default.zip/ and then all the RATs but, what does the file path need to be for yours?

Yes, you should zip them (then delete the unzipped ones, else it won't help and you'll have everything double).

It doesn't matter what the file name is, as long as it ends in ".zip".
It doesn't matter if it's directly in the "rat" folder or some subfolder.
It doesn't matter how many other files there are in the "rat" folder or its subfolders. All of them are scanned.
Ok when I get home I will delete the unzipped RATs again and leave the zips.
That is awesome: Loaded Rats in: 25947ms.  That is the fastest it has ever loaded for me when I have Use AtB checked.  Thank you guys very much.  So, I might as well delete the old MegaMek.exe file as well then.

Attached Files
.txt   mekhqlog.txt (Size: 25.99 KB / Downloads: 0)
Since it isn't advisable to run the new exe/jar with the older HQ I can rebuild the newest code from all three projects. Maybe you can catch a bug or two before the next release comes out.
Sign me up
The new .jar works great, loads all the RATs faster and, haven't had any problems yet.  I hope this makes it into the next release so I dont lose it :\
(03-29-2016, 02:36 PM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote: The new .jar works great, loads all the RATs faster and, haven't had any problems yet.  I hope this makes it into the next release so I dont lose it :\

It will, just need to get a new release out.
For custom RATs, will zipping them up improve the loading time too?
Good question, but I think it will greatly depend on the number of custom rats. If its less than a dozen I doubt it will be worth it.
Ok, problem.  Decided to mess around with and create a "snow" theme tileset.  This is with the prototype MM.  All the themes are in .tileinc which the normal 0.3.25 version does not have these files.  *shrugs* No problem, go into standardincludes/standardthemes and add include "snow/ThemeSnow.tileinc".  Created a snow/themesnow.tileinc file and just based it off the themegrass.tileinc and renamed the images in the snow folder to matach and now no themes load at all in the board editor or in MM.  I made sure to change the snow/[images] in the atomospheric.tileset to match the new names for the snow hex images.

Missing <border> tag in element #4
boardview1: loading images for board

I havent noticed that in the MM log before?

Attached Files
.txt   megameklog.txt (Size: 2.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
.tileset   atmospheric.tileset (Size: 10.05 KB / Downloads: 2)
.tileinc   StandardThemes.tileinc (Size: 208 bytes / Downloads: 2)
.tileinc   ThemeSnow.tileinc (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 2)
Never mind I fixed it.  Had to delete my data/images/hexes folder and then extract it from my 0.3.25HQ.zip I guess those .tileinc s were from the dropbox file Phoenix?  Either way made a snow theme for arctic regions of a planet when you want snow to already be on the ground (but doesnt effect MP).  Obviously I dont like those tree images nor how the snow turns blue as you go up in ele which I will all fix later.  Will probably do this for jungle and volcano themes as well (volcano water = lava flows....but would need it to cause heat?)
[Image: XQK3TJf.png]
Why is it listing a Crab 50T mech(surplus sale) as a light mech?

[Image: ZpSOmxF.png]
Can no longer run MMlab:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: megamek.common.verifier.EntityVerifier.<init>(Ljava/io/FileWinkV

Am using the pre-release.

Attached Files
.txt   megameklablog.txt (Size: 1.93 KB / Downloads: 1)
(04-09-2016, 12:20 AM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote: Can no longer run MMlab:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: megamek.common.verifier.EntityVerifier.<init>(Ljava/io/FileWinkV

Am using the pre-release.

We had the same talk two weeks ago already.

(03-23-2016, 12:53 AM)Akjosch link Wrote: The code in EntityVerifier changed and MekHQ code was changed to follow, and so you need a full new MekHQ update if you pull the current MegaMek code to build that MegaMek.jar file.

The same text applies to MegaMekLab - you need to update MegaMekLab.jar if you updated MegaMek.jar from the current in-development source code.
My bad that is the same error message as last time but, I was getting that error two weeks ago when I tried to run HQ with Phoenix's files.  HQ has ran fine when only downloading your MM.jar.  But, I get it.  I guess I could just use lab with a separate folder/download of 0.3.25 and have it still save the designs into the pre-release folder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mac OSX: Can't find file/directory askindred 2 412 06-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: askindred
  MekHQ Marketplace Unit List Blank blackcatf 0 208 02-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: blackcatf
  MekHQ 0.3.21 will not start MagnusEffect 4 1,297 01-17-2016, 03:04 AM
Last Post: MagnusEffect
  Hangs Loading Units (unplayable) just1chancefree 27 5,830 05-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Cannot find stock mechs Madcow9000 3 1,483 10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ralgith