Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiplayer campaign
Hello all. I'm new to MegaMek. A friend and I want to get a head to head Multiplayer campaign going but I can't seem to find any resources that touch on it. I'm sorry if this has been answered previously.

Can anyone point me at a how to guide, or just give me the abridged version?

Thanks!
Are you looking at using just using MegaMek or each player using MekHQ?

There are video tutorials on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiXhpmgRtJc) that show a lot of the game play.  The all feature older versions but the basic mechanics haven't changes.

Also these forums are pretty dead and MegaMek Forums over at the CGL site are much busier - http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?board=29.0
Thanks for the links. I'll make an account over there as well. But yes, I wanted to know if MekHQ can manage both of our armies, or if we are going to have to each maintain our own. And further, if we can pull from that into a multiplayer game.
(02-27-2016, 11:39 PM)Blackthorne link Wrote: Thanks for the links. I'll make an account over there as well. But yes, I wanted to know if MekHQ can manage both of our armies, or if we are going to have to each maintain our own. And further, if we can pull from that into a multiplayer game.

It can manage both armies... in 2 separate saves though. So typically easier to have each player manage their own.
(02-27-2016, 11:39 PM)Blackthorne link Wrote: Thanks for the links. I'll make an account over there as well. But yes, I wanted to know if MekHQ can manage both of our armies, or if we are going to have to each maintain our own. And further, if we can pull from that into a multiplayer game.

I play in a Campaign where the GM is managing both of the "Armies". He uses 2 MHQ Campaigns and exports the MULs which we import into MegaMek for fights. Then he uses the Save to resolve in MHQ at the end. It works pretty smoothly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MeqHQ multiplayer (coop) campaign AtB 984 5 1,912 01-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Co-op multiplayer AtB campaign? Wolf21 5 1,249 09-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Last Post: kipstafoo
  MekHQ multiplayer Xenowolf 1 894 12-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Xenon54z