Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there MekWars servers during clan invasion?
Just like the title, I'm wondering if there are any servers left that have Clans vs Inner Sphere. Was MekWars Legends the last one?
It seems like only Dominion and MegaMekNET are left.  :-[
(03-16-2016, 12:25 AM)RedDevil link Wrote: Just like the title, I'm wondering if there are any servers left that have Clans vs Inner Sphere. Was MekWars Legends the last one?
It seems like only Dominion and MegaMekNET are left.  :-[

No, there are no others left. All of our servers suffer from the same malady, which is difficult to circumvent. So one-by-one, players lose interest or cannot find games within 5 minutes, so they sign off.
(03-16-2016, 11:56 AM)TigerShark link Wrote: ... All of our servers suffer from the same malady, which is difficult to circumvent. ...

What malady is that? Is it a bug in MegaMek?
Probably the bug of impatient people not wanting to wait around for another player.
(03-16-2016, 11:22 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: Probably the bug of impatient people not wanting to wait around for another player.

^^ That.

During our cycle, we'd have no less than 30 people log on, stay for 10 seconds, then log off. Another logs on a few minutes later, looks around, logs off. If people just took the time to wait and keep the window open (there is a buzzer if someone PMs you), they'd get games and bring life/population to the server.

But... That's life.
People need some kind of regularity. Try planning a more regular event and when you get quarem there will be more players on at one time.

Even better if you start hosting events... with some kind of reward for showing up...

Motivation is a spice of life.

Did you mean quorum? Cause AFAIK quarem isn't a word Wink
(03-17-2016, 03:20 PM)Mekslayer link Wrote: People need some kind of regularity. Try planning a more regular event and when you get quarem there will be more players on at one time.

Even better if you start hosting events... with some kind of reward for showing up...

Motivation is a spice of life.

That takes GM'ing and time. And, at current, I do not have any steady GMs who could run things. That's a problem I will solve, given enough time. But we have tried events in the past.
I'm sad. How am I supposed to bring the IS out of barbarism as CJF if I can't play on any server? =(
(03-17-2016, 10:42 PM)RedDevil link Wrote: I'm sad. How am I supposed to bring the IS out of barbarism as CJF if I can't play on any server? =(

What he said!

I was more concerned about technical issues than behavioral (is that the right adjective) issues. I'll see what I can do. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MekWars Servers Ladob 12 4,717 01-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Last Post: RedDevil