Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Traitor Unit?
Been reading how easy to traitor unit Princess using connect as computer player, but I can never do it. How to do it properly? Do I connect as computer player named Princess? I tried that but doesn't work. Help.
Start up a game of MM in the lobby (or start from HQ), and then open another instance of MM and at that start-up screen connect as a computer player to your machine IP and port, enter name.  Play the game and whenever one of your mechs is adjacent to an enemy convoy vehicle or whatever rules and criteria you come up with click on the princess' window and /traitor xx (xx is one of her units ID#) and MM will announce that unit xx will change sides at end of turn.  You can only /traitor units you control to the other side which is why you have to connect as a computer player in another window to do this for princess.
So basically I need to connect as computer player using Princess name to do it right? Thanks.
If its a saved game yes the name will need to match the opponent's when you connect as a computer player and are setting her up so she can replace the bot in your saved game.  Is that what is going on?
Not really. I just need to eject critically damaged aero, small craft and dropship  since Princess doesn't do it. So when I see one, I want to traitor unit that unit so that I can help Princess eject.
Oh, in that case you can just command them to eject when connected as a computer player in her window but, its hard because you have to be faster than her if her turn is first.  You have her using aero?
You can only traitor units you own.  You can't traitor other player's units to your side.  The best way to do what you want would probably be to boot the bot and connect a client as that player, traitor the units, and then disconnect that client and re-add a bot.
(05-26-2016, 09:18 AM)Arlith link Wrote: You can only traitor units you own.  You can't traitor other player's units to your side.  The best way to do what you want would probably be to boot the bot and connect a client as that player, traitor the units, and then disconnect that client and re-add a bot.

That's what I've been doing. Just tot there was an easier way.

(05-26-2016, 09:10 AM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote: Oh, in that case you can just command them to eject when connected as a computer player in her window but, its hard because you have to be faster than her if her turn is first.  You have her using aero?

Kind of. I just ground them and let them deploy in my deployment zone.