Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Own Universe campaign against the bot
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english, i'm a french speaker Sad

I have played Megamech before but just noticed Mech HQ.

I would love to create a campaign starting from scratch in 2016 (megamech years)

Of course, I will use the GM and ATB rules.

What I want to do is to start with nothing except C-Bill.  I want the same with others clans.

I was wondering if it's possible ?

If the answer is yes, can you give me some tips to start my campaign please ?

Any help will be really appreciated !
I think you can start a campaign based on 2016. But I think you will only have assess to a few infantry units.
I would avoid doing a campaign starting that far back.  The rules, coding in MegaMek, the units are all not really set up to support it.

Earliest I would start a campaign if you are completely new to MekHQ is around 2500.
(06-09-2016, 01:26 AM)SirMegaV link Wrote: I think you can start a campaign based on 2016. But I think you will only have assess to a few infantry units.

Yeah, using Battletech to simulate current day would be a bit like using a World War II strategy game to simulate the 100 year war. It's just not the type of combat the game was designed for and doesn't do a great job of it.
Wow !

Thanks you very much for your time and advices.

I'll follow your tips and start my campaign in 2500 (era)

How much C-Bill should I start with to have a fair, realistic and challenging campaign ?
The earliest I would go back would be around 2370 as most of the great houses have formed and the buildup to the Age of War has begun. Lots of tanks and infantry battles and lots of chances to build combat industrial mechs as a prelude to the switch to battlemechs and combat vehicles over from armed industrial mechs and support tanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Universe Need a Big Bang? scJazz 3 910 03-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Universe Editing superdude 431 12 3,504 05-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Last Post: superdude 431