Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRC Tournament
On Steve_Restless' IRC channel https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server...etech(just type in a screen name and go, does not ask for creating an account or any of that crap and is free) we would like to attempt a casual just for fun tournament for the community.  Would be divided into five tech classes; intro, std, adv, exp, modified(customs/unofficial).  Along with eight divisions for each class; light through assault with clan and I.S. versions of each.  Using MM version 0.41.17.

[Image: aj2lNur.png]

Am thinking of doing eight players max and a min of four per tournament unless there is more interests and can bump it up to 16 max and 8 min.

For each tournament will roll 1D5 to determine the tech level, 1D8 for the division, and 1D4 for a 1 vs 1 through 4 vs 4 game.

Map:  Will be 2x2 mapsheets with either the players deciding on the maps to use or making use of the generated map settings feature to keep map selection from giving an advantage to one player.

[Image: HT9JFEk.png]

Year:  3145 just to cover all the intro dates.

Players chose a mech from the weight class and tech level, then adjust their pilot's skills to be at or below the max BV cap.  Using the geometric BV calculation method and alternate pilot skill method.

Piloting skills:  May be no more than 1 point apart from each other (some players would take advantage and always have 0 gunnery)

[Image: qF8VU52.png]

[Image: iB9axkv.png]

The Champion of the tournament each week will be recorded on the leader boards and will have to face the champion of the next tournament in the following weeks when the same tournament is rolled to be played again.  (This weeks Introductory Light Class champion will fight the next Intro Light Class champion whenever Intro Light Class is rolled for again in the following weeks)

[Image: 2x8jGZ8.png]

Players can complete these quick little matches at their own pace but, seven days after creation is the deadline for completion before a new weekly tournament will be rolled and created.  Tournaments will start once the minimum number of players (4) has been reached.  Players are free to fill out the google sheets themselves for wins and losses https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing.  As players join will roll 1D8 and assign a number to each player which will determine your spot in the bracket or round robin.

Take a look at the tournamentoptions(attached file) that will be used in MM for these matches and please suggest any changes that you think should be made.  If there is disagreement then we will put it up for a vote.  To enter just provide what mech you will be using or just mul for 2-4 on 2-4, the piloting and gunnery skill in the top box, and battle value in the bottom box.

Attached Files
.zip   Tournament.zip (Size: 188.78 KB / Downloads: 0)
New bracket tournament:
MegaMek 0.41.17
Modified class (up to unofficial tech, customs allowed, no mixed tech)
Inner Sphere designs
Medium mechs
2350 BV max per mech
4 mechs per player
*save your mul and only need to provide your total BV

[Image: ZqBFHZp.png]
Hey Bloodwolf,

I think this is a great idea.... but to be honest your tables are a bit too complicated to interpret.

With all due respect, I would suggest that you do a much simpler tourney with rules for just that tourney, rather than have rules for what looks like a dozen or so tourneys.

If simplified I would join.
You realize this Tourney post is almost a year old.
(04-19-2017, 11:37 AM)Mekslayer Wrote: Hey Bloodwolf,

I think this is a great idea.... but to be honest your tables are a bit too complicated to interpret.

With all due respect, I would suggest that you do a much simpler tourney with rules for just that tourney, rather than have rules for what looks like a dozen or so tourneys.

If simplified I would join.

Oh believe me I was pushing for simple but, others wanted round robin and then double-elimination brackets etc.  But, yeah we moved away from IRC and most are on slack now but can never get enough people on at the same time to play so this whole thing kinda died.  And then trying to herd cats and get everyone to use the same version also causes debate lol.  I might try this again later on though if there is enough interest.
(04-19-2017, 12:15 PM)Hammer Wrote: You realize this Tourney post is almost a year old.

Yes Yes... but the suggestion was if he considers doing this again... and if he is able to advertise his tourney in other places that get more traffic. a less overwhelming post would attract more players.

As for getting it to happen Bloodwolf... try on our facebook page.... and give enough time for people to sign up... you should get at least 8-10+ players if the rules are not too complicated to figure out.
(04-20-2017, 12:05 AM)Mekslayer Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 12:15 PM)Hammer Wrote: You realize this Tourney post is almost a year old.

Yes Yes... but the suggestion was if he considers doing this again... and if he is able to advertise his tourney in other places that get more traffic. a less overwhelming post would attract more players.

As for getting it to happen Bloodwolf... try on our facebook page.... and give enough time for people to sign up... you should get at least 8-10+ players if the rules are not too complicated to figure out.

Either way, wouldn't it be more efficient to use something like Challonge to arrange for matches?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekend Grinder or Tournament 09/09/2017 BLOODWOLF 1 122 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: arekP64
  Battletech Tournament Knighttrap 6 3,778 01-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Last Post: casanova200172762