Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG DUPLICATED] "Hangar" tab broken?
Hello folks,
i´ve got a strange problem with mekhq 0.3.30.
Started a new campaign two weeks ago and everything worked fine, but now i cannot access the "hangar". Briefing room, personnel, warehouse and so on works normal.

Meanwhile there are two new "clones" of already existing mechs in my hangar (my different mechs appear only if i mark them by mouse cursor), so i removed them via GM. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

Even worse: clicking "Advance day" doesn´t do anything while the game still goes on. Why am i so sure?
For example: clicking "Advance day" on friday ingame...nothing changes. Save campaign, load campaign...voila, its saturday. As you can image i would prefer not to save and load every single day. Wink

Do you have any idea what´s going on?
Here is my campaign file attached, feel free to ask for more if the are needed. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files
.cpnx   My Campaign30390317.cpnx (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 1)
We would also need to see the log file.
(07-16-2016, 12:25 PM)Hammer link Wrote: We would also need to see the log file.

mekhqlog is attached. Thanks!

Attached Files
.txt   mekhqlog.txt (Size: 980.97 KB / Downloads: 6)
Log stopped in the middle of a MM game with an out of memory error. Prior to that it was complaining about the planet_icons file as missing.

Start HQ (or close and restart) and try reloading the campaign save and clicking on the tabs. Save and upload the log again. I don't think the one you uploaded was complete. If one of the tabs don't work there should have been an error in the log about it.
I am having this issue as well.

Attached Files
.txt   mekhqlog.txt (Size: 117.54 KB / Downloads: 3)
There are two errors in the log. The first is GUI related but since the campaign hasn't loaded yet I don't know why it may have been called. I didn't look too deeply at it though.

The second error is about an engine part being null. Didn't look into it but there may be a bad part in your campaign file. This would (sometimes) cause issues with the hangar if one of the units throws an NPE in that way.

Try your campaign with the latest version (0.3.31). If you are still getting the same issue open a bug ticket. Post the log, campaign, and any custom units.
(07-21-2016, 07:24 PM)pheonixstorm link Wrote: Log stopped in the middle of a MM game with an out of memory error. Prior to that it was complaining about the planet_icons file as missing.

Start HQ (or close and restart) and try reloading the campaign save and clicking on the tabs. Save and upload the log again. I don't think the one you uploaded was complete. If one of the tabs don't work there should have been an error in the log about it.

Ok now i´m able to duplicate the bug. Everything went fine until i bought a new mech (Mercury II MCY-100). The roll to find the mech failed so it appeared at the procurement list inside the hangar tab. Immediately after this the tab "was broken". If i click on the hangar tab and try to "mark" (dont know the right word in english, sorry) my mechs by pressing and holding the left mouse button, all mechs appear. Same at procurement list. Now i´ve to delete the Mercury at this list and immidiately the hangar tab works normal again. I still don´t know why some mechs cause this problem but at least i´m able to carry on with the campaign.
I am also experiencing the "stalled" hanger tab with 0.3.31. 

I discovered that dragging the MekHQ application off the screen (usually the bottom, so that the most of the window could be off-screen), while still holding the title bar, then back onto the screen without letting go, would refresh most of the screen.  Other tabs are responding normally.
This issue with the engine part NPE has already been reported and fixed for the next release https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/130

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hangar-class Buildings mkerensky 1 745 08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: ralgith