Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT explanation
So I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is.

I'm using MekHQ v0.3.31 and trying to run an AtB campaign in the early 3030s (it's currently Sept 2, 3031). The personnel market as well as the AtB scenarios keeps being populated with units that have no business being in 3031 such as a Galloglas or a Razorback. I've tried changing the AtB settings and removed all the chosen RATs and also put in just the "(2700-3067) Neoancient" RAT. Additionally, in the campaign settings "Tech Limits" tab, I have "Limit Units and Parts by Year" selected.

I'm still getting units outside of the era. Is there a setting that I may have incorrectly configured which is causing the out-of-era units to appear?

Thanks!
Those settings seem right.  I have seen other people comment that they get units out of era.  I don't play with AtB so one of the more experienced players might be able to shed some light on it.
It appears that it is using the Total Warfare RATs, which is the fallback when no RAT can be found for the faction and unit type. While this can happen with the official ones, Xotl's and mine are extensive enough to cover anything that AtB needs (except that Xotl doesn't include aerospace), and any missing factions should get caught by the "general" category. The only thing that comes to mind is the possibility that some of the RAT files are missing in your setup.
It seems to have solved itself... unsure how. Possibly cached data since I restarted MekHQ?

One thing I did notice, the Principality of Rasalhauge (PoR) doesn't have a fall-back for mechs. I kept getting an error about being unable to find a unit for the missions until I editted the ratinfo.xml and added a PoR fallback.
The Prinipality of Rasalhague shouldn't be coming up at all, since that faction ceased to exist in 2510 when it was conquered by the Draconis Combine.
Ok. But, be that as it may be, AtB created a contract in 3032 for it, so guess there's a different issue.

I can explore more and see if I can figure out where the actual source problem is.
(08-12-2016, 12:00 PM)kipstafoo link Wrote: It seems to have solved itself... unsure how. Possibly cached data since I restarted MekHQ?

One thing I did notice, the Principality of Rasalhauge (PoR) doesn't have a fall-back for mechs. I kept getting an error about being unable to find a unit for the missions until I editted the ratinfo.xml and added a PoR fallback.

Apparently I spoke too soon. After starting a new contract (3033, against DC), the unit market now has a mix of 3025 tech (ARC-2R, SDR-5K) and 'future tech' (PLG-3Z, ST-8A and GLH-2D). How ever much fun the gauss rifles would be, it's out of time and I wouldn't be able to buy replacement parts for them anyway.
Those are all Star League designs. Any actual "new" designs showing up, or is it maybe pulling Star League mechs for you for some reason? (It's actually, by year, OLD tech...)
(08-14-2016, 12:45 AM)Groggy1 link Wrote: Those are all Star League designs. Any actual "new" designs showing up, or is it maybe pulling Star League mechs for you for some reason? (It's actually, by year, OLD tech...)

I hear what you're saying there... I chose bad examples. There was obvious later non-SL mechs as well.

It's wierd, to be honest. It seems to be related to the initial loading of the RATs. Sometimes when I start MekHQ I get screwed up RATs, sometimes its all hunky dory.
In Campaign Options > AtB tab

set Chosen RATs to the following in this order...
Neoancient
Xotl
Total Warfare
(08-15-2016, 02:12 PM)kipstafoo link Wrote: It's wierd, to be honest. It seems to be related to the initial loading of the RATs. Sometimes when I start MekHQ I get screwed up RATs, sometimes its all hunky dory.
I think what's happening is that it's trying to use the RATs before they finish loading. They load in the background so MHQ can start without having to wait for them, but if it tries to use them before they finish, it will skip those that aren't available yet. I'll take a look and see what I can do about delaying any use of the RATs until loading is complete.

I tracked down the Principality of Rasalhague issue to a missing faction change entry in the planets file. I dropped a mesage to the planets maintainer about it.
I am suffering the same out of era mech issue.  Tried setting up a 3020 start for a unit and I keep getting 3050 or later mechs to fight.
If there is any identification I can do to help or logs to attach, please let me know
What's most interesting that it knows it hit something illegal before setting me up to fight an Ostsol OTL-6D

...Parsing finished.
Total number of unit tags: 609
Total number of quirk entries: 609
Parsing /Users/NatureBoy/mekhq-0.3.31/mmconf/unitQuirksOverride.xml
...Parsing finished.
Total number of unit tags: 1
Total number of quirk entries: 1
s: accepting player connection #1 ...
s: player #1, Federated Suns connected from /127.0.0.1
Parsing /Users/NatureBoy/mekhq-0.3.31/data/canonUnitQuirks.xml
...Parsing finished.
Total number of unit tags: 609
Total number of quirk entries: 609
Parsing /Users/NatureBoy/mekhq-0.3.31/mmconf/unitQuirksOverride.xml
...Parsing finished.
Total number of unit tags: 1
Total number of quirk entries: 1
SUCCESS: Client/Server Version (0.41.21) and Checksum (86d4eab5b70def2582648b3d7fb051d85beda42628a47be262dc4af8842a6fbb) matched
Ammo illegal at unit's tech level (IS Introductory Box Set, 3049):
Gauss Ammo, (IS TW non-box set)
Gauss Ammo, (IS TW non-box set)

Ammo illegal at unit's tech level (IS Introductory Box Set, 3066):
Streak SRM 6 Ammo, (IS TW non-box set)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Experience Tab/ Skills Tab - Need table Explanation/Clarification moordoom 1 1,540 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s