Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GM overrides for Blind Drop and Double Blind rules?
Is there a way for a GM to host a game with Blind Drop & Double Blind turned on for players, but the host still sees everything for the purposes of making sure players have appropriate mechs and monitoring the mission in real time?

If this is not an option, it really should be.  Right now it is hard to set up a mission as a GM with Blind Drop as you can't see everything at once without revealing to players what they are fighting.  Perhaps there is a way to make a toggle option that disables Blind Drop & Double Blind for server hosts only?
(only if you are an observer) type /seeall and you will be granted vision of the entire map.
(08-24-2016, 10:46 PM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote: (only if you are an observer) type /seeall and you will be granted vision of the entire map.

thanks.  that at least solves the map vision issues.  but what of Blind Drop rules in the lobby?  any way to disable that just for the GM so they can check everyone's load out before a mission?
(08-24-2016, 11:40 PM)MagnusEffect link Wrote: thanks.  that at least solves the map vision issues.  but what of Blind Drop rules in the lobby?  any way to disable that just for the GM so they can check everyone's load out before a mission?

Not much you can do for that. My only suggestion is that you can host as the GM, have them submit their files before hand and then connect for each player, add their forces and launch without blind drop and then once you reach deployment you exit out of the additional instances and they can connect and actually place their forces

Or find players you can trust not to be cheating little jerks  Wink
Yeah, that's what I figured.

Is there any possibility of this gaining traction as an added feature some time down the road?  I know you guys have tons to work on already, but I could definitely see this being an extremely useful tool for GMs.

I'm sure plenty of GMs out there would be grateful for its inclusion.  I'd consider it, anyway.
(08-26-2016, 02:07 AM)MagnusEffect link Wrote: Yeah, that's what I figured.

Is there any possibility of this gaining traction as an added feature some time down the road?  I know you guys have tons to work on already, but I could definitely see this being an extremely useful tool for GMs.

I'm sure plenty of GMs out there would be grateful for its inclusion.  I'd consider it, anyway.

You can open an Enhancement Request on the Github tracker.  If its left here it will likely be missed and forgotten about.

https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/issues
done. thank you for the suggestion.

how do you add flags to the issue (such as "enhancement")?
(08-26-2016, 02:30 PM)MagnusEffect link Wrote: done. thank you for the suggestion.

how do you add flags to the issue (such as "enhancement")?

We add those when we review the ticket.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drop Ship picking up units Chmielu 13 3,498 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Saberuneko
  Can I have an aero unit (e.g. drop ship) start the game landed? Xentax 2 1,379 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Xentax