Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Co-op multiplayer AtB campaign?
The title pretty says it already, I'd like to play a co-op AtB campaign together with a friend, where both of us have our own units and pilots and so on and need to 'take care' of them, but where we fight together. Doesn't really matter what the 'background' is (one merc company giving a sub-contract to another one, or maybe we both play two pilots and mechs from each lance of the same company, ...). Obviously, without any finances and salvage etc, it would be relatively easy, but we'd really prefer to play with all of that. Hotseat isn't a possibility since we live too far apart, so... if anyone should have any ideas, I'd be very happy Smile
Use a screen sharing/remote control program so that you *can* hotseat in a sense?
(08-31-2016, 03:46 PM)mkerensky link Wrote:Use a screen sharing/remote control program so that you *can* hotseat in a sense?
Meh, I'd rather handle any finances/salvage stuff/spare parts 'manually' via GM commands... But there's got to be a better way... I hope.
I save my campaign files to my google drive. They sync with the other guys in the campaign. Sometimes we get conflicts, but often we're good when people launch MekHQ, do their repairs and save the new campaign file. As long as we use unique file names, people just grab the latest file.
(09-01-2016, 10:16 AM)kipstafoo link Wrote:I save my campaign files to my google drive. They sync with the other guys in the campaign. Sometimes we get conflicts, but often we're good when people launch MekHQ, do their repairs and save the new campaign file. As long as we use unique file names, people just grab the latest file.
So you basically use the same MekHQ save and just 'pass it around' to everyone involved? How do you sort out what replacement parts get ordered for example (assuming a limit on the number of rolls due to limited management personnel, and of course limited finances), or tech time (assuming you work with maintenance rolls and assign the best techs to do the maintenance, while the less experienced techs do the repairs, instead of assigning one tech per mech, which tends to end in lots of damaged mechs)?
We don't so much as pass the save around as use a common file repo... but, yes, essentially the same thing. And people, when making changes, save it to a new file name.

That being said, I tend to do the tech rolls as I'm the GM and the players use it to make personnel changes, but parts, hire people, and make salvage decisions at the end of a fight.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MeqHQ multiplayer (coop) campaign AtB 984 5 937 01-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Hammer
  Multiplayer campaign Blackthorne 4 1,046 02-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Last Post: scJazz
  MekHQ multiplayer Xenowolf 1 613 12-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Xenon54z