Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searchlights
Is there a trick to getting searchlights to work when launching a fight through MekHQ? I would expect units such as Warhammers to have SLites, but I they don't when the fight starts.
Warhammers have searchlights as a quirk so, do you have quirks on?  If not then when you launch a scenario you have to right click>configure all your units in the lobby and check the box under the equipment tab to enable search lights for each unit.  *Note* search lights can only be shut off during the movement phase in MM.
(09-02-2016, 10:55 AM)BLOODWOLF link Wrote:Warhammers have searchlights as a quirk so, do you have quirks on?  If not then when you launch a scenario you have to right click>configure all your units in the lobby and check the box under the equipment tab to enable search lights for each unit.  *Note* search lights can only be shut off during the movement phase in MM.

Is it as simply as turning on the 'StratOps Quirks' setting in MegaMek? You'd think I could slog through the code and figure it out myself, but... ;P
Yes if you turn that quirks option on the WH should always have a searchlight.  Theres also a use quirks option under campaign options inside HQ but, I dont know if they both do the same thing or if the HQ quirks is specifically for repair quirks like "hard to maintain".
In MHQ Campaign Options > Repairs the checkbox use Quirks is for all Quirks. If it isn't turned on then when MHQ sends a scenario to MM to play no quirks will be added to any unit.
In short, you need to have the Quirks option turned on for MekHQ and MM if you are using both programs.
Thanks all. I had it in one but not both.