Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible error: Anyone get this as well?
Has anyone experienced a problem with physicals and individual initiative? Two of my players experienced a frozen client during the Physical phase. This occurred when a vehicle had mistakenly been required to declare during the phase. The "Done" button was greyed out, /skip function worked intermittently, and when it did, the player was booted from the host.

I will try to acquire an error file and log, but just wondering if this had been reported/fixed in an earlier version.
During a night battle where I was capturing an enemy vehicle convoy while connected in another window as a computer player so I could /traitor the vehicles over MM did ask me to declare physical attacks for one of my captured vehicles to make (wacko) but, no individual initiative was on and didnt freeze.  This was with the current release and did not save it either Sad but, that bug is present.  Will be very difficult for arlith to fix if we cant get a save at the beginning of the firing phase so he can walk through the code and see where the crazy happens.
Should turn paranoid autosave on! That way each phase is saved separately.

Bloodwolf and Tigershark, can you attach a copy of your CPNX? Just reviewing the items you have in common might be enough to get an idea of what is going wrong.
Also having an issue where Aero fire isn't resolved. I haven't been able to look through all of the change logs yet on the recent versions. So this MAY have been fixed. Ugh...
(09-12-2016, 11:53 AM)TigerShark link Wrote: Also having an issue where Aero fire isn't resolved. I haven't been able to look through all of the change logs yet on the recent versions. So this MAY have been fixed. Ugh...

Over the weekend it was noticed by our Campaign that Aero movement precedes Aero weapon resolution. So you can get into a situation where an Aero is doing a ground attack, losing Altitude, and suddenly enters a dead zone for the opposing Aero. This causes the opposing Aero to just skip its attack. Total Warfare page 274 I think. I have a bug posted on GitHub that goes into this issue. I'm waiting to hear from another player before I, or they, post a question on http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?board=42.0
(09-12-2016, 12:04 PM)scJazz link Wrote: [quote author=TigerShark link=topic=2503.msg17095#msg17095 date=1473695639]
Also having an issue where Aero fire isn't resolved. I haven't been able to look through all of the change logs yet on the recent versions. So this MAY have been fixed. Ugh...

Over the weekend it was noticed by our Campaign that Aero movement precedes Aero weapon resolution. So you can get into a situation where an Aero is doing a ground attack, losing Altitude, and suddenly enters a dead zone for the opposing Aero. This causes the opposing Aero to just skip its attack. Total Warfare page 274 I think. I have a bug posted on GitHub that goes into this issue. I'm waiting to hear from another player before I, or they, post a question on http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?board=42.0
[/quote]

Yep. I rolled back the code on this and am doing some bug hunting. Will report if anything happens (or doesn't happen, in this case).
(09-12-2016, 04:47 PM)TigerShark link Wrote: [quote author=scJazz link=topic=2503.msg17096#msg17096 date=1473696260]
[quote author=TigerShark link=topic=2503.msg17095#msg17095 date=1473695639]

[/quote]

Yep. I rolled back the code on this and am doing some bug hunting. Will report if anything happens (or doesn't happen, in this case).
[/quote]

The rules seem clear, this is RAW. However, it doesn't seem kosher.
(09-12-2016, 06:16 PM)scJazz link Wrote: The rules seem clear, this is RAW. However, it doesn't seem kosher.

I'm not even sure what the practical effect of the rule is. Are they saying you drop 1 level in a ground strike, putting anti-aircraft units 2 hexes closer to the unit?

i.e.: Your plane is firing at a Mech from Alt 5. It does a ground strike and drops to Alt 4, then fires.

Does the Mech resolve fire as if you were at Alt 4, or as if you're at Alt 5, where you ended movement?
Do you get to dodge Air to Air strikes on the ground map by conducting Air To Ground strikes and losing altitude creating a dead zone by virtue of your attack which causes the A2A strike to fail automatically?
(09-13-2016, 02:02 PM)scJazz link Wrote: Do you get to dodge Air to Air strikes on the ground map by conducting Air To Ground strikes and losing altitude creating a dead zone by virtue of your attack which causes the A2A strike to fail automatically?

Untested. I will test when I get home in an hour.
Yeah, it eliminated that problem as well. Pretty easy commit to roll back too.
(09-13-2016, 02:48 PM)TigerShark link Wrote: Yeah, it eliminated that problem as well. Pretty easy commit to roll back too.

I don't think a roll back is the best course. ASFs are also being set to 1 Speed instead of -1 speed on the ground maps. There is more stuff busted here than has been explained.
(09-13-2016, 03:39 PM)scJazz link Wrote: [quote author=TigerShark link=topic=2503.msg17106#msg17106 date=1473792508]
Yeah, it eliminated that problem as well. Pretty easy commit to roll back too.

I don't think a roll back is the best course. ASFs are also being set to 1 Speed instead of -1 speed on the ground maps. There is more stuff busted here than has been explained.
[/quote]

It solved it for my server's purposes. So I'm ok with the way it used to be. Perfectly happy with whatever solution the Devs come up with, as we don't always use the most current version.