Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all! looking to join a campaign that I can play a merc/merc commander in.
  Hello all, I have lurked these forums for many years off and on and decided to make an account, I just can't find any local people to play and really want to get some mech action as a mercenary commander. I can do forum rp but I am very rusty at it, also I like the logistical aspect of running a merc unit trying to make ends and deciding the risk vs rewards. I have played megamek games before in some of the big persistent games and enjoyed it but am looking again.

So if there is anything open out there let me know. I have read a few of the topics here but it has been a bit in some cases on responses. Also not many of them seem to have merc play in it, by wanting only canon units so now custom merc unit of my own to try and make a living with. I have done the Atb to try solo but want some human interaction in this. I will be on later to check more campaign topics out but if you know of anyplace I can get the merc itch taken care of I would like to know.
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but our websites "where to play" page might have some information that's useful to you: http://megamek.org/where.

The highlights are there's an IRC channel where you may find people who are interested in playing and we also have a public Slack, both of these are options where you can chat with people who may be interested in playing (the Slack has a #findagame channel).  Additional there's MekWars, which is a persistent campaign where players pick a faction and fight other players for control of territory.  The page I linked to has links for all of these options.
We're always looking for new players:
www.mekwars-dominion.com

And MegaMekNet can use your support as well:
www.mekwars.org
Alright thank you for the responses, I will check them out later. I be leave mekwars was one of the campaigns I played before, it was fun other then losing often to mas vtol and mass super fast light mech attacks, at the time it seemed very meta game as in if you did not run certain things you got smashed. but that was with lower bv value I do miss it, and might see if i can get the account started again, even kept my comp running with dedicated server games logged on it if I remember correctly.
(11-07-2016, 10:31 AM)krouzerstar link Wrote: Alright thank you for the responses, I will check them out later. I be leave mekwars was one of the campaigns I played before, it was fun other then losing often to mas vtol and mass super fast light mech attacks, at the time it seemed very meta game as in if you did not run certain things you got smashed. but that was with lower bv value I do miss it, and might see if i can get the account started again, even kept my comp running with dedicated server games logged on it if I remember correctly.

Our (Dominion) campaign's build rules prevent such things from occurring. You're only allowed 1 support unit per 4 non-support. Ex.: 4 Mechs + 1 VTOL (support), 5 Mechs, 1 Tank + 1 Aero, etc.

MMNet is mostly Introductory Tech, so "fast" isn't really an issue there (Locusts are about as crazy as you can get).
Also may have openings for opfor/players in my campaign...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Start of New Campaign... players are screened to join. Mekslayer 1 1,437 05-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Mekslayer
  played in the 90's looking to relearn and Join a campaign Nightmare Rambo 3 1,004 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Mekslayer
  new player looking to join a campain xhanatos 12 2,910 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: xhanatos
  new player looking to join a campaign Seriann 0 1,265 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Seriann
  Merc Campain Set in the early 3000s Knighttrap 505 81,293 02-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Last Post: kuitiitijin