Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBT-Classic
http://www.netbattletech.com/nbtclassic4/index.html

Netbattletech (NBT) Classic is a Megamek campaign server recruiting for its 4th campaign cycle set in 3040 where players fight for dominance in the Clan homeworlds.  An interested player can build factories, conduct diplomacy, launch strategic invasions, etc. 

NBT’s software allows a player to manage the entire conflict controlling hundreds, if not thousands of battlemechs/tanks/aeroplanes, across hundreds of planets.  Throw in jumpships of varying cargo capacities with recharge times based on star class tables, and planetary garrisons that scale based on the planet’s industrial size and you have an open ended game structure where a player has direct control of almost every war making facet. 

Fair warning, NBT is complex and require a considerable investment of time.  If you are new to NBT and Megamek it would be ideal for you to join an existing faction in order to test the waters and learn the ins and outs of the NBT automation.  You can always choose to become a unit leader at a later point.  If you are a veteran player there is nothing in NBT that you haven’t seen before, although NBT is not based on Mekwars.

NBT includes army composition rules, faction specific bonuses, and a voluntary honor system based on clan roleplay such as Zell and Hegria.  Players and administrators are willing to help anyone learn the system and I would be happy to answer any questions either on this thread or on the NBT forums. 

P.S.  I always wanted to say thanks for the link to our website on the "Where to Play" section.  That link is out of date btw, but we revise our version so often that I can hardly blame you. 
I'm certainly interested in getting my feet wet, granted I'm only familiar with older material, most of the content in the Battletech universe I discover and utilize via trial-and-error in MegaMek.. But it is possible for me to start out in this campaign on a very low level? Say, a couple stars or lances, as it may apply?

-Smeg
(09-06-2011, 12:14 AM)Ceorl link Wrote: P.S.  I always wanted to say thanks for the link to our website on the "Where to Play" section.  That link is out of date btw, but we revise our version so often that I can hardly blame you. 

So how about solving it by using a simple .htaccess rewrite from http://www.netbattletech.com/nbtclassic/ to http://www.netbattletech.com/nbtclassic4/ (or whatever the current version is...) and having people who make external links to your site link to that instead Big Grin
OMG. They're still running?
Cripes, I remember playing MW4 league and then briefly in the first MM NBT league..

Grats on staying power, mayhaps I'll check it out again. :-)
@Smeg

Quote:But it is possible for me to start out in this campaign on a very low level? Say, a couple stars or lances, as it may apply?

I suggest you join an existing unit and get leadership access to the automation.  This will allow you to see how NBT works and do some fiddling around (make sure to work with the unit leader) in the automation without having to manage a campaign.  The best place to make yourself known is to register on our forums and post here:  http://www.netbattletech.com/hpguplink/v...m.php?f=29 

To be clear, NBT does not offer star or lance sized control for the campaign, although our BV battle amounts are often lance/star, 4/5, sized (unless you're CBS, me, and have to deal with 2/3 omni pilots).  So you can tinker with the campaign and fight star to binary sized battles.  If you want a campaign based around controlling a trinary, I'd suggest trying some of the other Megamek campaign's such as The Shack or Lords of the Battlefield.  NBT is really about big and giving players several hundred battlemechs at their disposal from the start.     

@ Smeghammer

What you said is over my head but, if I understand you, I think the best solution would be to provide an external link to www.netbattletech.com and clink on the link to Classic which is always the most current version (it’s what I do). 

@Ravnos

Thanks, I’ve been a member since NBT4 when MW4 was first released all those years ago.  NBT has improved since 1.0.  Our system isn’t perfect (whose is?) but I do think it’s worth checking out to see the changes that have been made in that time and it if suits your tastes.

(09-21-2011, 12:00 AM)Ceorl link Wrote: @ Smeghammer

What you said is over my head but, if I understand you, I think the best solution would be to provide an external link to www.netbattletech.com and clink on the link to Classic which is always the most current version (it’s what I do). 

I assume you meant to respond to me in that one Wink
Theres lots of good tutorials on the web for this. I'm sure whoever manages your pages can handle it.
Allright, thanks for the info. I'll drop by and check things out once I've had a bit more fun with Gears 3. (Hopefully) See you on the battlefield!
I just joined to offer some images to the devs, but I'm the Admin for this league and if you guys have any questions, just drop them here. Classic has come a long way since the first league, it's a lot more balanced for one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New NBT-Classic Cycle set in 3085 Shaka808 0 1,514 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Shaka808