Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MegaMek/MekHQ/HeavyMetal Pro Patchwork Armor Help
I've been having a bit of trouble with this, and so I thought I'd make an account here and ask the veterans.

I'm getting ready to run a campaign set in the periphery, with the players near-destitute local mercenaries. I was hoping that there was some way to do patchwork armor, to try and keep things at a low power level for a while; the periphery is at a lack for battlemech-grade armor, after all. HeavyMetal Pro offers the ability to make patchwork mechs/vees, but HMP does not have commercial, industrial, or heavy industrial armor. While HMP does allow me to make custom armors, I cannot set the BAR for it, and I doubt that MegaMek would recognize it either way.

So, i wanted to ask some of you veterans here if it is possible to either add in Commercial and industrial armor to HMP in a way that MegaMek (and MekHQ, if possible) will recognize, or perhaps some manual edits I can make in the HMP file.

Barring that, I wanted to ask if it was possible to hand-make the units using .BLK files; i don't have a lot of experience editing them manually, so I don't know if it's possible to do patchwork that way.

Thanks for your time!
Megamek supports patchwork armor on Mechs.  The units can be built in MegaMekLab and the armor can be assigned to location and type.

Many thanks! It looks like I was using an old version of MegaMekLab, so I was not aware of that functionality.

I am curious, though; is patchwork armor supported for vees as well? I understand that I may not be able to make them in the lab, but even if I have to hand make the .blk, I would like to have the option.
MMLab handles Mechs, Vees, Battlearmor, Infantry, and ASF.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
(01-17-2017, 01:11 PM)Corusare link Wrote: I am curious, though; is patchwork armor supported for vees as well? I understand that I may not be able to make them in the lab, but even if I have to hand make the .blk, I would like to have the option.

Unfortunately, patchwork isn't coded for Aerospace fighters.
Do you happen to know offhand if MekHQ handles patchwork armor smoothly, such as repair/requisition?
In theory it should be fine but I couldn't say for sure.
I'll have to do some tests of my own, then. Thanks for your help!