This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megamek Server Rentals?
How and where could I rent and run a dedicated megamek server?  I saw a thread in here about a hosting service but it appears to no longer offer this kind of hosting.  I am wanting a server I can control but does not require people to connect to my personal computer.
I don't know where, but be careful as I've had friends scammed by low price servers.

The other idea is to see if SteveRestless's servers over on the official BattleTech forums could work for you. However, if you want control of it then you really just have to bite the bullet.

I use a linux box with not standard ports and is only on when I'm using my server. So far that has worked for me. It isn't my personal computer; just an old one I have. So, I too have to connect to it when I play with others.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to administer a MegaMek server? Predatorian 16 8,694 03-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Hammer