Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splitting a unit to different planets
Hello, I'm using MekHQ 0.42.0, and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to split my unit into battalions and send them to different planets.  I've tried selecting the personnel I want from a battalion, and exporting them, then importing them into a new campaign.  This only sends the personnel, and none of the kills from the previous campaign carry over.  Plus none of the personnel have there previously assigned units.  I've also tried creating a scenario, deploy the battalion, the exporting the MUL from the briefing tab.  Importing that into a new campaign has some interesting results.  Genders, portraits, and some other stats get changed.  Ranks become part of the persons name.  And again, there is no record of kills/personal log from the previous campaign.  I've attached before and after pictures from attempting to import the MUL, showing the changes.  Both methods require building the TOE from scratch.

Am I missing something, or is this not something MekHQ can do?  If not, is it something that would be possible?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Setting up to have a unit split between planets is not currently supported. It has be discussed but no ETA.

Some players make separate units and run them as separate campaigns. Then use the GM mode to move units between units, by adding and removing them manually.
(09-02-2017, 12:17 AM)Hammer Wrote: Setting up to have a unit split between planets is not currently supported.  It has be discussed but no ETA.

Some players make separate units and run them as separate campaigns. Then use the GM mode to move units between units, by adding and removing them manually.
Thanks for the reply Hammer.  Any idea why exporting the MUL then importing it into a new campaign results in all the changes in personnel?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding Planets pheonixstorm 2 642 12-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Planets in planets.xml Akira213 4 1,392 12-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Akira213
  Planets and Skills vettie 2 987 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Last Post: vettie
  planets.xml Goto 2 1,481 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Data Entry: Planets rlithgow 7 2,919 07-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Zenoflame