Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AtB: (help please) Vehicle crew death, how do I deal with this?
As vees tend to do, one of mine blew up, and the crew went with it.  I go to deal with death benefits, and find out that the death benefits are split, and each wants something, and apparently credits won't do?

They don't have a unit assigned, but they were originally put into a galleon, which I still have.  I can give the galleon to one of them, and he's fine, but the other two aren't.  I'm fine with just paying them off, but can't find any way to give creds in the interface.

I'm confused, and can't continue my campaign like this, short of just deleting them in GM mode, what do I do?

Thanks in advance for the help!
From what I recall, you should be able to just click through "next", and it'll automatically pay off the guys to whom you didn't give a tank, no need for you to do anything else.

Guess that'll learn you to hire light wheeled tanks. Big Grin

I used a Saladin one time, but the 3M payoff for a single battle's worth of AC/20 really wasn't worth it.
Next is greyed out until I deal with the payoff.  I can assign 3 vees/meks of sufficient value (or more!) and that'll allow me to next, but otherwise, no go.

I'm actually starting to wonder, given losses I've had, how anyone ever 'advances' their company...  Between losing the occasional mek, the odd ammo TAC, retirements and death benefits, I can't even afford to replace the losses much less gain new/different.  But thats a horse of a different color.

And I'm _definitely_ rethinking vees at all.  I rolled this company up using the book method, so I had a mixed company to start with, but now, I'm thinking I need to just dump all of them...  Especially since my vees blow up if you look at them wrong.  Smile
(05-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Jesterr Wrote: And I'm _definitely_ rethinking vees at all.  I rolled this company up using the book method, so I had a mixed company to start with, but now, I'm thinking I need to just dump all of them...  Especially since my vees blow up if you look at them wrong.  Smile

That's the conclusion I came to.

Can you post your campaign save and customs on github? It may be an issue with "original unit tracking" for multi-crewed vehicles. As a workaround, you can always gm-give yourself a couple of crap tanks and give them to those guys.
I reloaded the last save and ran the mission over again, managing not to lose that vee this time around.  I've since lost another 2 vees, and had no difficulty with using credits to pay them off.   If I re-encounter the issue, I'll reply here and upload to github.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temp Crew? ErikModi 1 231 11-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Hammer
  Code - Large crew requirements? pheonixstorm 5 920 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm
  Saperate Screen for Opposition Crew Capture SirMegaV 2 640 05-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Last Post: SirMegaV
  Warship Crew Injuries SirMegaV 5 1,197 05-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Last Post: SirMegaV