This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Weapons?
what programs do I need to modify or create custom weapons. I try opening the weapons or equipment files with notepad and can't understand what I am looking at.
To do this you'll need to do the following.

First, you're going to need the source files for MegaMek available on Github

Second, you're going to need the tools to write/compile said source code, something like Eclipse or IntelliJ for example.

Finally, you're going to need a working understanding of Java.

To modify a weapon you'd open one of the weapon.java files...i.e ISAC10.java and change those stats. Like range or damage.

To add a weapon you'll need to add a new class, add it in the weapontype.java and potentially write a new weapon handler for it.

Then you'd have to compile the source code into the jar/exe file. That version would only run with like versions if playing with friends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megamek custom weapons blah2355 6 1,613 04-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Arlith
  Custom weapons? Koniving 6 2,672 10-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Koniving
  Having trouble with custom infantry using multiple weapons Victor Morson 6 1,881 12-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Last Post: scJazz