Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo/Do over
Is there a way to add an undo button?  Occasionally somebody will jump a mech and be facing the wrong way.  It is usually quite obvious that they did not mean to do it, but there is no way to take it back.  Might that be a possibility in future release?

Thanks,
Ashley

PS  BTW we love the game.  It is the next best thing to actually playing Battletech on the tabletop.
You can clear the move by pressing escape or backspace to remove the last step, but once you click done the move is complete. The server resolves it and passes control to the next player. It's not fair to other players if you can revise your move while they are planning theirs.
(03-31-2019, 09:52 AM)Neoancient Wrote: You can clear the move by pressing escape or backspace to remove the last step, but once you click done the move is complete. The server resolves it and passes control to the next player. It's not fair to other players if you can revise your move while they are planning theirs.

I don't mean change your mind after other folks have moved.  I mean an immediate undo...before anybody else has moved.

Thanks,
Ashley
(04-04-2019, 10:25 PM)atsalmon Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 09:52 AM)Neoancient Wrote: You can clear the move by pressing escape or backspace to remove the last step, but once you click done the move is complete. The server resolves it and passes control to the next player. It's not fair to other players if you can revise your move while they are planning theirs.

I don't mean change your mind after other folks have moved.  I mean an immediate undo...before anybody else has moved.

Thanks,
Ashley

It might not be my place to weigh in on this, but I would recommend teaching the people you are playing with to be certain they are satisfied with their actions before pressing 'Done'. Much like Chess, Megamek is set up to keep you beholden to your move once you confirm that you have made it. If you really need to do it over you can always reload an autosave. This might result in several actions needing to be redone which may or may not end up happening in the order they did before.

While I know all of that might sound obvious, I think it is a better route to take instead of requesting they build in an undo action.
In the past I've considered an "Are you sure you're done?" button to give a player a chance to review, but then I figured that is what the done button was for. Do you play MegaMek like speed chess? Speed kills sometimes! (failed piloting roll on pavement!)

Usually when I make a wrong move, I roleplay it and say that not ever mechwarrior is perfect 100% of the time... more like 50% of the time they get it right 100% of the time. Big Grin