Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilot portraits
Can not seem to get it to work when multiple of us connect to my client. I have a .zip file in my Portraits directory, and shared it with my 3 friends to also put there. They do not seem to show up for anyone else. There was some other issues I will address when we play to night but I can not find out how to do this, and hoping I can make it work.
What version are you using? Also have you tried with the files unzipped.
0.44.0, stable I believe.

I should try that, unpacking them. Works fine on my end packed but that may make sense.
Thinking about it, I don't think we support the ability to show portraits in game in Megamek.
(04-08-2019, 08:28 PM)Hammer Wrote: Thinking about it, I don't think we support the ability to show portraits in game in Megamek.

They do work on my side, I can see them fine on mine in game.

(04-08-2019, 09:10 PM)Luecian Y. Deschain Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 08:28 PM)Hammer Wrote: Thinking about it, I don't think we support the ability to show portraits in game in Megamek.

They do work on my side, I can see them fine on mine in game.

I have some ideas I will play around with and come back with results. Won't be tonight.

He might be talking about the lobby before you drop. That has pilot images unless you use "Compact Display." Also, I think the mech display window (can't remember what it is exactly called right now) has mechwarrior information on it and I think the pilot shows up there, too.

@Luecian
Are you deploying the force from within MekHQ? It might be that your friends aren't getting the information about the location of the portraits. You might try opening the unit files (*.mul) and seeing if yours has the pilot portrait in with the unit data.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portraits disappearing? ErikModi 13 1,735 08-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: pheonixstorm