Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mech Sale Price / Quality
How is 'mech sale price determined?

How is 'mech quality determined?

For example, I purchase a Locust LCT-1E new from the factory costs 1,574,200 c-bills. In the hanger it will show a quality of D with a value of 655,117 c-bills.

I believe the initial quality is set to D as the default mercenary value for the Jihad era, which I am running a merc unit during the Jihad. I assume the quality will change over time based on maintenance / combat damage.

Thank you.
Mech Sale Price is adjustable. There's a setting under Campaign Options to set the resale price. Once you've purchased the part it is automatically considered used. Under the finances tab it shows the modifier for your used parts based on their quality.

Now, Quality I believe is automatically set to D. That is not how it should go, but that is how it is at the moment. Anything fresh of the factory line should be an F. Every time a part is salvaged from the battlefield it is supposed to lose a letter grade. Probably the best way to code it in would be a random quality from A-C for anything salvaged. Anything off the employer market should probably be from B-E and anything off the mercenary market B-D. Anything off the Black Market would be A-E.
(03-02-2020, 01:08 AM)Sidewinder Wrote: Mech Sale Price is adjustable.  There's a setting under Campaign Options to set the resale price.  Once you've purchased the part it is automatically considered used.  Under the finances tab it shows the modifier for your used parts based on their quality.

Now, Quality I believe is automatically set to D.  That is not how it should go, but that is how it is at the moment.  Anything fresh of the factory line should be an F.  Every time a part is salvaged from the battlefield it is supposed to lose a letter grade.  Probably the best way to code it in would be a random quality from A-C for anything salvaged.  Anything off the employer market should probably be from B-E and anything off the mercenary market B-D.  Anything off the Black Market would be A-E.

The sale price modifier in the campaign settings for a Quality D unit is 0.5. I would expect the sale price of the Locust to be 787,100. Instead the value in the hanger is 655,117.

Changing the modifier to 1.0 increases the value to 1,310,233. It appears there is an additional modifier hard coded which reduces the new price then the modifier from the campaign settings is applied. I can get the Quality D price to match the 0.5 setting if I first multiply the new price by 0.83, which is 1,310,233. Then applying the 0.5 modifier from the campaign setting results in the value being 655,116.5, which can be rounded to 655,117.

This doesn't hold for other 'mechs however. A Quality D Assassin ASN-101 with a new price of 3,537,263 shows a Quality D price of 1,173,708. In order to match the hanger value I would need to multiply the new price first by 0.331812, then 0.5. This is quite different than the 0.83 for the Locust.

There appears to be some other calculation going on behind the scenes prior to the Quality modifier being applied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quality of allies kipstafoo 1 528 10-06-2016, 05:36 AM
Last Post: ThomasMarik
  Parts Price bug? Obvious 5 1,660 12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Taharqa