Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing Mission
I'm 5 months in to my first contract, a 6-month pirate hunting contact on Kittery.for the St.Ives Compact. I've expanded my roster, picked up 12 victories, 1 defeat (Ambush - lost my 2nd best mech) and a draw. 
Have a mission now, that has caused problems for the first time as it keeps crashing and freezing during the Pirates fire phase somewhere between 7 or 8 turns in
The mission is Special Mission: Civilian Help.

Any ideas what i can do to stop this happening?

It's ok - worked on 5th attempt, came away with a bonus civilian mech, 3 bonus parts and an APC carrier too
I'm glad you got it to work. Though I'm also not glad that the error isn't consistent. Oh well. If that ever happens again then you probably should turn on autosave and then when it freezes, provide the autosave to the developers so they can start with that in helping them reproduce the freeze and bug.

Also, the bot sometimes takes a very long time to decide what to do. This is made worse with units that move a long distances (fast units). I'm not sure what you mean by "freeze," but sometimes it is just the bot thinking. Also, provide the log file so the developers can see what "froze" or what "crashed."

Thanks and have FUN!
Yeah, I've got used to long delays on inactivity sometimes, ie go make coffee/sandwich, come back wait a bit longer and it moves. But these 'freezes' were take the dog for a walk for an hour and come back to still find it saying 'It's Pirate turn to fire' - 

Finished up the mission/contract with a success - 
Upped the difficulty level to regular and now getting ripped to shreds on a chase mission (ally destroyed before i deployed, might escape with 2 of my 4 if lucky as still have a couple of tailing vehicles and the Taurian mech reinforcements in the North to get past) on new contract after drawing first scenario (Extraction) and winning second (Hide and Seek). Thankfully the contract has full battle compensation so the ShadowHawk and Griffin lost are not going to be quite such an issue other than the wait for replacements.

BTW who do I have to thank for this software - Awesome fun for solo play, great for management of actual games etc - is there a Patreon or equivalent?
What version are you using?

First contract had a score of 13, second of 2, so thinking regular level with double vehicles is about right as missions were challenging, with some being a mare, some a cakewalk and some hard fought but doable. Like it like that, though always sad when you lose good guys.

As an afterthought as you're checking in to this thread. When you have xp you'd like to spend on a special ability, how do you do it. Like the idea of a thematic improvement rather than always just piloting/gunnery
You can thank whoever you want. It has been a long project with many people no longer as active. (Your looking at one.) And we can't take your money. (Hammer would know better than me about that though.)

As for the special abilities, are you using MekHQ. Last time I looked, there was a way to set the XP cost of abilities and you could right click pilots to spend XP.
(05-14-2020, 09:51 PM)Xenon54z Wrote: You can thank whoever you want. It has been a long project with many people no longer as active. (Your looking at one.) And we can't take your money. (Hammer would know better than me about that though.)

As for the special abilities, are you using MekHQ. Last time I looked, there was a way to set the XP cost of abilities and you could right click pilots to spend XP.

I managed to get it sorted. Though experienced with BT, I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to tech, but played around with the campaign options and sorted (hadn't got the option available)
(05-12-2020, 07:10 AM)Grags Wrote: BTW who do I have to thank for this software - Awesome fun for solo play, great for management of actual games etc - is there a Patreon or equivalent?
We cannot accept donations to the project at this time.  Being open source, and Microsoft being the actual license holder we can't risk being seen as paid for the project.

Glad you're enjoying the programs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special Mission - Civilian Help won't launch Jingo 1 557 03-23-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Hammer
  Mission problem, now! Alyfox 5 2,114 03-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Alyfox
  [3.6.0] Deployment takes one hour and bot keeps freezing up Question2 8 2,983 11-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ralgith
  Don't use Ampersands in Mission/Scenario descriptions. ralgith 2 1,422 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Last Post: ralgith