Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portrait Problems
Ran into a few issues in 0.47.6 regarding portraits.

First. . . "Hire Full Complement" for my naval assets.  Apparently, while filling the nearly thousand crew my Cameron, Carrak, Lola III, and Whirlwind take (even doing them one at a time) MekHQ just gives up assigning portraits to them all.  No big.  But it then won't assign portraits to any new personnel I hire, switching to "General" and only offering the "Default" portrait (the silhouette with the question mark).  That's. . . more annoying.

Seeking a way to fix that, I found it in the Docs, "Adding Portraits."  Well, hey, looks like one of my most-anticipated features was added while I wasn't looking!  The ability to set up folders for specific types of troops, so you can have big musclebound portraits for Elementals!  Yay!

And I can't get it to work.  I have the Combat and Support folders, and those work fine (even putting portraits back on new hires after the naval kerfuffle above), but it won't seem to acknowledge the Elemental folder at all.  Well, it's there if I want to manually select Elemental portraits, but it won't pick them randomly.

I must be doing something wrong here.  Any hints?

What I have is:  data/images/portraits/Female, with folders Combat, Elemental, Support in that folder.
(05-24-2020, 06:31 AM)ErikModi Wrote: Ran into a few issues in 0.47.6 regarding portraits.

First. . . "Hire Full Complement" for my naval assets.  Apparently, while filling the nearly thousand crew my Cameron, Carrak, Lola III, and Whirlwind take (even doing them one at a time) MekHQ just gives up assigning portraits to them all.  No big.  But it then won't assign portraits to any new personnel I hire, switching to "General" and only offering the "Default" portrait (the silhouette with the question mark).  That's. . . more annoying.

Seeking a way to fix that, I found it in the Docs, "Adding Portraits."  Well, hey, looks like one of my most-anticipated features was added while I wasn't looking!  The ability to set up folders for specific types of troops, so you can have big musclebound portraits for Elementals!  Yay!

And I can't get it to work.  I have the Combat and Support folders, and those work fine (even putting portraits back on new hires after the naval kerfuffle above), but it won't seem to acknowledge the Elemental folder at all.  Well, it's there if I want to manually select Elemental portraits, but it won't pick them randomly.

I must be doing something wrong here.  Any hints?

What I have is:  data/images/portraits/Female, with folders Combat, Elemental, Support in that folder.

Hello,
The first part is caused by MekHQ running out of portraits to assign. Once there are no unique portraits to assign it will just assign the Default portrait.
The second part is a bug in MekHQ that I forgot to fix while writing the documentation. They will currently use the "Battle Armor Pilot" folder. I've fixed it now, and it should be part of the next release.
Huh.  I was sure I've seen duplicate portraits come up before in the past, when just recruiting other roles.

And cool, thanks, "Battle Armor Pilot" works perfectly!
Playing around with this more, and Aero Pilot, Vehicle Crew, and Proto Pilot seem to be incorrect, as well (ProtoMech Pilot works, no clue on the other two).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feature request: randomize portrait option in personel tab Groggy1 1 509 12-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Neoancient