Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably a silly question but need help
Ok I am new to this game and its very addicting to a BT fan like myself.  I do break away to play the board game with my friends.  However what I really need to know is how do you do a campaign scenario from MekHQ on MM?  another question I have is it possible to use custom valid mechs from the meklab with MekHQ?  Also can you export Mechpilots from MekHQ to Megamek? But I think that will have to tie in to campaign scenario as well.
(11-12-2011, 11:21 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: Ok I am new to this game and its very addicting to a BT fan like myself.  I do break away to play the board game with my friends.  However what I really need to know is how do you do a campaign scenario from MekHQ on MM?  another question I have is it possible to use custom valid mechs from the meklab with MekHQ?  Also can you export Mechpilots from MekHQ to Megamek? But I think that will have to tie in to campaign scenario as well.

Yes, yes, and yes.

However, that said... currently there are mechs with different names between HQ and MegaMek.
Ok so how do I play the campaign scenario from HQ to MM?
(11-13-2011, 11:12 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: Ok so how do I play the campaign scenario from HQ to MM?

On the briefing tab you create a mission/contract, add a scenario to it. Then from the TO&E tab you deploy units to that scenario (via right click menu). Returning to the briefing tab you select a mission and click the "Get MUL" button to get the unit list for that scenario. You then "load unit list" in MM and load that mul file. Once done make sure you save your end of mission unit list from MM. Then go back to HQ and click the resolve scenario button. From there it should be pretty darned obvious Wink
ok will try and do that right now.  thank you ral it worked!
There´s also the MekHQ tutorial, attached to the first post on this page: http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=304.15

It should answer a lot of questions, and the author´s ego could use some stroking. Wink
(11-14-2011, 05:20 PM)Sir Chaos link Wrote: There´s also the MekHQ tutorial, attached to the first post on this page: http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=304.15

It should answer a lot of questions, and the author´s ego could use some stroking. Wink

Sorry SC... this had slipped my mind Tongue
Ok in that tutorial does it tell me how to transfer meks I built in the Meklab into the MekHQ?
(11-14-2011, 10:49 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: Ok in that tutorial does it tell me how to transfer meks I built in the Meklab into the MekHQ?

1. Save you 'mech in the MegaMek/data/mechfiles folder.
3. Make sure you don't have the official units only box checked in options/allowed units.
(11-15-2011, 01:13 AM)mnmib1 link Wrote: [quote author=T.S. Hawk link=topic=366.msg1877#msg1877 date=1321325383]
Ok in that tutorial does it tell me how to transfer meks I built in the Meklab into the MekHQ?

1. Save you 'mech in the MegaMek/data/mechfiles folder.
3. Make sure you don't have the official units only box checked in options/allowed units.
[/quote]

I know how to do that but I am wondering if it works for MekHQ.  I have gone to purchase a unit and unchecked canon only but I don't see anything I have created under IS Advance.  So again the question is since Ral said yes then how is it done from Meklab to MekHQ?

And the tutorial didn't help for that  :'(
I guess the mek-files must also be put in the appropriate folder in the mekHQ installation.
Not sure about that thou.
(11-15-2011, 04:30 AM)Akira213 link Wrote: I guess the mek-files must also be put in the appropriate folder in the mekHQ installation.
Not sure about that thou.

Yes. And you need "Canon units only" unchecked.

Any unit you built should show up at the bottom of the list.
(11-15-2011, 02:25 AM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: [I know how to do that but I am wondering if it works for MekHQ.  I have gone to purchase a unit and unchecked canon only but I don't see anything I have created under IS Advance.  So again the question is since Ral said yes then how is it done from Meklab to MekHQ?

And the tutorial didn't help for that  :'(

Procedure is the same.
1. Save the .MTF file to MekHQ/data/mechfiles.
2. When searching for your unit use the all function (not all IS or all Clan as these funtions don't work).
3. Unchek the canon option.

You can sort alphabetically by clicking on the name column.
I've had trouble getting MekHQ to recognize custom mechs if I don't add them to the compressed lists.
(11-15-2011, 06:10 AM)Madcow9000 link Wrote: I've had trouble getting MekHQ to recognize custom mechs if I don't add them to the compressed lists.

Make sure you validate the 'mech in MML before saving it.  Othewise it should function just fine as above.  You can actually extract the .zips and delete them so long as you delete the units.cache (this file will rebuild itself the first time MekHQ is run).  However, there is no reason assuming the unit is valid that you would need to add it to a .zip.  Make sure to unceck canon and use the all function when you search.
Something else to keep in mind for MekHQ is that you will only see units available based on the current date (ie if your campaign in in 3052 any 'Mech with a year of 3053 or later will not show up in the store). Of course you can get around this by either importing it in a mul or simply turning on GM Mode before you go to the purchase screen.
ok so MekHQ has it its own folder for mechfiles... wonderful I unzipped it in the same area for where I have meklab.. I think I am going to have to do a uninstall and then unzip them into there own folders.  Ok thanks guys.
(11-15-2011, 12:32 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: ok so MekHQ has it its own folder for mechfiles... wonderful I unzipped it in the same area for where I have meklab.. I think I am going to have to do a uninstall and then unzip them into there own folders.  Ok thanks guys.

Yes, MM, MML, and MHQ should all have separate folders for now.
didn't have to do an uninstall just did new folders and re-extracted them  Now should I do what I did for megamek and do a custom folder for the mechs to move them over to MekHQ?
(11-15-2011, 05:51 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: didn't have to do an uninstall just did new folders and re-extracted them  Now should I do what I did for megamek and do a custom folder for the mechs to move them over to MekHQ?

Actually, if you want all the mechs from MegaMek in MekHQ you should replace MekHQ's mechs folder with the one from MM. Thats what I ended up doing. Got tired of incorrectly named mechs between the two Tongue