Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to save campaign in v0.1.10
Downloaded the new version last night, ran into an "interesting" (frustrating) error; quickly jumped in and built a mixed mech/armor reinforced company, saved the file (both as the .cpmx and as an .xml), and closed; when I tried to open either file, it failed, because the savegame writer stopped writing halfway through. It just cuts off in the middle of a line in both savefiles. This is repeatable for me, since I built another unit earlier this morning, tried to save it, and again got half a savefile whenever I tried to save. Any idea what's going on here?
Not yet, but Taharqa is looking into it. I ran into the same issue with a unit I loaded, added a few hired hands, advanced day and saved. The save seems to have cut off early and so it doesn't load as a result as you said.

Oddly enough saving has worked for many of my other units. I'll update when I find out more.
I had the same issue.  What is odd as I was working on it last night, saved and closed it when I went to eat dinner and when I came back after it loaded fine. Now this morning it's giving me the unable to load message.
Yes, I have JayOf9s's campaign file, so I will try to reproduce this when I get a chance and figure out where the problem is.

However, if you have a copy of the save file that stopped, please upload it. I am curious if they are all stopping in the reportLine section.
I think it may result from using the new mass hire feature. At least it is pretty easy to get around that until it can be fixed if I'm right.
Yes that is it. I will have a new release out by the end of next week, but until then don't hire using the multiple personnel option.
Do you still want the file uploaded Taharqa? 

That's probably what happened on mine as before I finished yesterday I hired a bunch of people and saved. so that's probably same reason it did it t me.
(12-06-2011, 01:36 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: Yes, I have JayOf9s's campaign file, so I will try to reproduce this when I get a chance and figure out where the problem is.

However, if you have a copy of the save file that stopped, please upload it. I am curious if they are all stopping in the reportLine section.

Sure, here it goes. Mine actually stopped in the middle of a mech.

Attached Files
.xml   3048Mercs.xml (Size: 24 KB / Downloads: 1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't load/save your campaign? Taharqa 159 34,969 06-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SilverSword
  Unable to Load Saved Campaign T.S. Hawk 10 2,198 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: T.S. Hawk
  Unable to bring up a saved campaign in version 1.11 saracen 5 1,404 12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Jayof9s
  Unable to load campaign with v0.1.10 DaddyHolby 14 3,048 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Last Post: DaddyHolby
  Can't Save Campaign Files to XML BATTLEMASTER 2 1,300 08-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Tathas