Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mech Refits
I have a question about using the mech refit ability in MekHQ.  It seems to show all of the mech varients that are loaded into mekHQ but I can't get it to list any of my custom made mechs. Is there a way to get these to show up in the refit list?
I second this question.

I would also like to request as a feature the ability to save modifications as files, like in MML.
Have u copied your custom mechs into the mekhq\data\mechfiles folder? Otherwise they wont show up. MekHQ creates a new subfolder called customs where it stores the .mtf files for custom meks created INSIDE MekHQ.
All other custom mechs have to be copied inside the mechfiles folder of MechHQ and MegaMek.
(12-12-2011, 02:27 AM)Nekonami link Wrote: Have u copied your custom mechs into the mekhq\data\mechfiles folder?

That´s the first thing I did after installing 0.1.11.
In order for your unit to show up on the refit kit list, you will need to add it to mechfiles/OfficialUnitList.txt. The entry should be

Chassis Model|

Keep in mind that refit kits take only half as much time and have a lower mod because they are based on "factory" designs so if your units are really supposed to be customs then this is sort of cheating.
(12-12-2011, 07:04 AM)Taharqa link Wrote: In order for your unit to show up on the refit kit list, you will need to add it to mechfiles/OfficialUnitList.txt. The entry should be

Chassis Model|

Keep in mind that refit kits take only half as much time and have a lower mod because they are based on "factory" designs so if your units are really supposed to be customs then this is sort of cheating.

Any way we can get another file for this? Big Grin

For example, in one of my campaigns there is a new factory producing a whole series of mechs. These obviously should be listed in this, yet I'd rather not modify the OfficialUnitList.txt every time a new version of HQ comes out Smile
An unofficial OfficalUnitList? I suppose we could do something like that.
Brilliant!! Smile I have to re-start my 4th succession war campaign anyways because i keep getting my customs as duplicates listed Sad
(12-12-2011, 01:36 PM)Taharqa link Wrote: An unofficial OfficalUnitList? I suppose we could do something like that.

You could call it AUUnitList (AU for Alternate Universe.) or something Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni Refits? mkerensky 3 704 09-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Last Post: kipstafoo
  Refits Sidewinder 3 1,078 12-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z
  Can we improve refits, assign multiple techs? neilfw 1 1,020 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Xenon54z