Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to bring up a saved campaign in version 1.11
First I would like to say thank you for all of those who have helped create MekHQ.

I started using the program and just ran a battle to check out how things work. The battle ran just fine and the after battle report came up and I entered all the needed information and clicked finish. I clicked on the finish button multiple times thinking the screen would disappear but it didn't. I then closed the the screen and checked mekhq to see if the information was entered into the campaign. What I found was that every time that I clicked finished it entered the same information into the campaign. I'm not sure if that is a bug or if I did something wrong. After I used the GM function and cleared out all the extra enemy units that were salvaged I proceeded to do repairs on the units. I saved the file and went to bed. Today I tried to open the file again and it gave me the following error message:

Campaign Loading Error

The campaign file could not be loaded.
Please check the log file for details.

I'm not sure if this a known bug or if it was something that I did wrong. I'm trying to avoid reentering all the information for the campaign and starting over.

Thanks for any help

Open up the save file and make sure the entire thing was saved.  I had a problem arise like this, I opened it up and saw that the save file had cut off about around the scenarios.  I had a prior save file so I was able to cut and paste most of the stuff that I had done since that and fit it back in.
you also might want to get the newest version 01.12 that was released just last week.
Is this a known issue or bug with the versions before 1.11. If this is a know bug did they fix the issue then in version 1.12? I just didn't want to reenter all the information again for the campaign in version 1.12 only to have the same issue again.
Please post up the mekhqlog.txt from when you try to load the campaign.  I am not sure if this is fixed in 0.1.12.
If it is 1.11 it sounds to me like the error that was encountered from hiring multiple personnel at once, which was fixed in 1.12. Couldn't say for sure though with the details provided.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you transfer information from a old version to a new version of mekhq saracen 12 2,786 01-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Taharqa
  Unable to Load Saved Campaign T.S. Hawk 10 2,491 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: T.S. Hawk
  Unable to load campaign with v0.1.10 DaddyHolby 14 3,393 12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Last Post: DaddyHolby
  Unable to save campaign in v0.1.10 Mukaikubo 7 2,066 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Mukaikubo