Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help setting up MekHQ with Eclipse
Finally decided to see if I could contribute to MekHQ a bit. 

So I downloaded Eclipse and Subclipse and checked out the MekHQ trunk.  When I attempt to compile it I get the following error:

Code:
Buildfile: C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml
svndev-init:
svndev-get:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml:69: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svn": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Total time: 343 milliseconds

I had found a thread before about setting this up and it said that this error was caused by a missing SVN file.

The problem is the thread didn't say what file or where to put it.  The thread was old and so it might be out of date (it also mentioned adding all of the files under lib to the build path, and setting l10n as the source but I didn't see a lib nor a l10n folder in the package explorer).

What am I doing wrong?
Ok, ignore my first question as I've been able to search the forums a little more and I've gotten past that.

Now it runs through the compile and I get the following error after about a min and a half:

Code:
svndev-build:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\classes
     [echo] MekHQ
    [javac] C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml:78: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 137 source files to C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\classes

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml:78: Error running javac.exe compiler

Total time: 1 minute 34 seconds

Any ideas?  Is this a setting that I should set in the packaging.xml file?
It looks like either the JDK is not installed, or its bin directory is not on the system path.
Yep, the bin directory was not in the system path.

Thanks BeeRockxs
(01-08-2012, 10:34 PM)DaddyHolby link Wrote: Finally decided to see if I could contribute to MekHQ a bit. 

So I downloaded Eclipse and Subclipse and checked out the MekHQ trunk.  When I attempt to compile it I get the following error:

Code:
Buildfile: C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml
svndev-init:
svndev-get:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Seversons\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml:69: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svn": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Total time: 343 milliseconds

I had found a thread before about setting this up and it said that this error was caused by a missing SVN file.

The problem is the thread didn't say what file or where to put it.  The thread was old and so it might be out of date (it also mentioned adding all of the files under lib to the build path, and setting l10n as the source but I didn't see a lib nor a l10n folder in the package explorer).

What am I doing wrong?

I am getting this same error.  I've tried adding WINDOWS PATH to the system variable an C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin; for the value.  Is this correct?  If not can someone please give me the proper syntax?
The system variable is called PATH and should already contain some values.
Add ";C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin" to the end of it, if that is the path you installed subversion into.
Thanks BeeRockxs!  I made that one change and it worked perfectly.  You guys have better tech support than games I pay $50.00 or more for.

Again, Thanks
Ok, got everything working except MekHQ. Can compile and build MM and ML but it always throws an error in MekHQ. Here's a copy of the error. What am I doing wrong?

[exec] Exported revision 1149.
svndev-build:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\classes
    [echo] MekHQ
    [javac] Compiling 151 source files to C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\classes
    [javac] C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\src\mekhq\gui\dialog\BombsDialog.java:23: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class BombChoicePanel
    [javac] location: package megamek.client.ui.swing
    [javac] import megamek.client.ui.swing.BombChoicePanel;
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\src\mekhq\gui\dialog\BombsDialog.java:45: cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: class mekhq.gui.dialog.BombsDialog
    [javac]    private BombChoicePanel bombPanel;
    [javac]            ^
    [javac] C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\svndev\src\mekhq\gui\dialog\BombsDialog.java:64: cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: class mekhq.gui.dialog.BombsDialog
    [javac]        bombPanel = new BombChoicePanel(aero, campaign.getGameOptions().booleanOption("at2_nukes"),
    [javac]                        ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 3 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\Nexus\workspace\MekHQ\packaging.xml:78: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 13 minutes 47 seconds
Thanks in advance.
The version of megamek included with MHQ in the SVN needs updated before you can compile (due to MHQ relying on some changes that were made in MM since I last updated it). I was going to do it last night but never got around to it.

To build it yourself you'd need to import the files from the latest SVN build of MM and then compile.

Edit: Or wait a bit, I plan to update the megamek files in MHQ later today and you should be able to build it without errors once I do.
Ok, thanks for the info.
I thought it was something like that but I don't know enough about how the 2 interact.
(05-05-2012, 11:59 AM)bmba2 link Wrote: Ok, thanks for the info.
I thought it was something like that but I don't know enough about how the 2 interact.

Jayof9s just implements my work currently, until (hopefully) Taharqa makes me a dev on the MekHQ project. All of these changes are because of my work on both MegaMek and MekHQ - and unfortunately I literally just built the new MegaMek for inclusion into MekHQ and sent it off to him. So in about 20-40 minutes you should be able to build from SVN again. Until the next change I make of course Smile