Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Server available?
hey there...
has anyone maybe a MM server running if T.S.Hawk and I find some time to fight against each other?
My IP-forwarding doesn't work so I can't host, and I think Hawk has a similar problem :/
I don't know if I have the same problem or not but like I said in the PM akira we can use the mekwars.
This brings me in mind of an idea I've been toying with. I run a full blown physical server (Dual Dual Core Opterons with 4GB of RAM [Yes, 2 CPUs each woth 2 cores]) that currently doesn't serve much. I'm still working on my BTech site, however I was considering once I opened it offering a Subscription to it for $10/yr. Subscriber benefits would include access a pair of MegaMek dedicated servers running on the machine with 256MB of RAM each. Would anyone be interested in such a Subscription? That wouldn't be the only benefit, but most of the rest is TBD.

NOTE: Only one player would be required to be a Subscriber, and said player would be the one who could spawn the server to execute.
Ral that is not a bad idea.  And i would be interested
I should note that this wouldn't be ready for a few months at the earliest Wink

I've just got too much on my plate to write the code for this right now Smile
Well hurry up and get married then jeesh.  Also hopefully by then I will have a job.
(01-16-2012, 05:30 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: Well hurry up and get married then jeesh.  Also hopefully by then I will have a job.

wtf man... who said anything about getting married?
hrhrhrhr..... Big Grin
(01-16-2012, 05:47 PM)ralgith link Wrote: [quote author=T.S. Hawk link=topic=614.msg3127#msg3127 date=1326749428]
Well hurry up and get married then jeesh.  Also hopefully by then I will have a job.

wtf man... who said anything about getting married?
[/quote]

What you don't want the ol ball and chain Tongue
I would point you to SteveRestless servers found here. They might be crowded and sometimes not. First come first serve when it is free and open.
ok Xenon... that has me totally confused and how do i get on that server?
(01-17-2012, 03:27 PM)T.S. Hawk link Wrote: ok Xenon... that has me totally confused and how do i get on that server?

You pick a version, and connect to his domain and the port # for that version Tongue
right so do i have to download anything that is why i am confused
Get into the Shack and just play in the dedicated there. You need not use the hangars or be in the campaign, it is ok for me.

I used to have a full place for that, but interesting enough nobody used it. Sad

Ladob my question is do I need to download anything though?  I am wanting to start playing against others and seek help for Ops because the bot is getting boring.